3 - Dreams and reality

While in the Scuyler sisters' house

Gandra always had an easy life. Her father was a well-known gentleman, very loved and respected for everyone, Gandra felt really proud and blessed for having someone like Duckworth as her father. He'd always been very kind to her and her sisters, always looking out for the best for the three of them, showing the them how much he loved them.

Gandra sighed, her thoughts went to her older sister, Daisy. Daisy was a very responsible person, always taking care of her and her little sister Webby. Daisy was, from the three sisters, the one who had the most similarities with their father, but it didn't mean that Daisy was like their father. No, she was kind of rebel, like Gandra herself.

Daisy and Gandra shared an idea that both were sure that their father was against, the idea that they could have 'close' relationships with workers. Both thought that they could even get marry with them. Maybe it could be considered a stupid idea, in fact, a lot of rich people thought that this was a stupid idea, but Gandra didn't care about that, she dreamed of true love, and she was open to accept it wherever it came from, including the poorest zone in the world.

A knock on her bedroom door interrupted Gandra of her thoughts.

"Come in" said the middle sister loud enough to be heard.

The door was opened slowly and Webby appeared on the other side. Webby was the youngest of the three sisters. Gandra loved her, she was so pure and innocent, she seemed to always make the other happy, specially their father. Sometimes it seemed that Webby's worst fear was to disappoint him. Very noble, but the youngest sister would someday learn that they can't always please their father, she'll have to learn to accept it.

Webby once approached Gandra with a big smile on her beak and said:

"Hey Sissy"

Gandra smoked back, Webby always called her Sissy, and both youngest sisters called Daisy Sis. It was their tradition. Looking at Webby kindly, the middle sister said:

"Hi Webby, what do you want?"

The youngest girl looked surprised at first but soon she reacted and answered to her sister question saying:

"Oh right, I almost forgot it, Daisy wants to see you"

Gandra's eyes widened in surprise and then she asked:

"Really?"

"Yes, she told me to say it to you," answered Webby.

The middle sister nodded and then she said to the youngest Schuyler:

"Fine, thanks Webby, tell Daisy I'll go in a moment."

"Yeah, of course," said Webby joyfully and also nodding.

The youngest girl turned to get out of the bedroom but suddenly stopped and turning to Gandra again, she asked:

"I was wondering... can I know what are you two going to talk about?"

Gandra opened her eyes in surprise and then she answered:

"How am I supposed to know that? it's Daisy who wants to talk, I've no idea what she wants to say to me"

Webby blinked a several times and finally she admitted:

"Right... well, I'll go to advertise Daisy"

"Thanks, Webby" answered Gandra with a big smile.

Webby also smiled and then she said:

"You're welcome Sissy"