여섯

___________________________________

SOO AH'S POV

"Wake up!" I hear Jeongyeon's voice in a muffled sound and upon opening my eyes, I realise I have been sleeping through our whole self-study hour.

"That was a well-deserved nap." I reply while stretching out my arms and back.

"I'm a bit worried about you my friend, but I'm in second place in our class so I'll help you come up to the third. Someday." Jeongyeon pats my shoulder and I nod my head.

"Thank you, I'd be glad if I even rank just above the last place." I say which makes her laugh.

"Okay, I'll help you get to the 23rd place." She chuckles, "I gotta rush home now then go to my after-school classes. See you tomorrow!" She puts on her backpack then jogs out of the classroom.

While packing my stuff, my phone buzzes in my pocket and when I pick it up it's from my mom.

"Soo Ah-ya, hurry down to the gates! You have to go to your after-school class." Her loud voice rings inside my ear.

"What? Why?" I ask her but before I can continue to speak she replies with:

"Just hurry up!" She shouts then hangs up.

I guess I don't have any choice. If I had only been in Canada then I wouldn't even have her come and pick me up every day after school. I still don't know my way around Seoul but once I do, I will have a little freedom.

Standing up from my chair, Sooyoung walks beside my seat and gives me the evil eye while heading out the classroom. She doesn't say anything but I can only imagine the harsh words she might blurt out if I provoke her again.

I leave as well and make my way through our school court-yard, only to see Seokwoo walk a few meters ahead of me. Groups of girls, begin to give him glances and even attempt to send him flirtatious smiles. And their reactions intensifies when they see his bestfriend, Jaehyun, as some of them are ready to faint by their mere existence. I don't understand what's up with these girls, are the two of them that special?

However, I stop in my tracks as soon as I hear my name being mentioned in Seokwoo's and Jaehyun's conversation. Did Jaehyun just say that Seokwoo was keeping an eye on me? Why?

Please don't tell me I'm just a piece in their game. If I am then I won't let myself get fooled. Not like before and never again. I knew there was something suspicious about Seokwoo, I could tell he had a hidden agenda and Jaehyun just seems to be so full of himself.