6

Ada and Eleanor stood gossiping in the tailors whilst they looked through different fabrics and pre-made dresses, skirts and shirts. The twos point of conversation had been stuck on Freddie Thorne the whole morning that they had been together. Ada had explained all of the complications that came along with dating Freddie and why the two of them couldn't be public with their relationship, Ada even went as far to explain to explain Thomas and Freddie's friendship and the eventual breakdown of that friendship into a long standing haterid toward one another.
Well by the end of Ada's rambling Eleanor was caught up on 23 years worth of drama and felt extremely bad for Ada.

"You really should feel like you have to hide who you're in love with, despite everything that's happened between Freddie and Thomas, and Freddie's political beliefs. Its 1919 for Christ's sake" Eleanor said in frustration for Ada

"I know, I just don't want Tommy to cut Freddie" Ada replied clearly upset about the situation.

"Right let's get off of that topic and actually do what we came here to do" Eleanor said putting a smile on her face.

The two continued looking through the shelves of different fabrics and all the colours that they came in. Ada's hand stopped on top of a piece of red silk, she ran her hand across it before picking it up and showing it to Eleanor.

"You need a gown made out of this" Ada gasped

"Maybe one day, I haven't really got any where to wear a gown like that to at the moment and I wouldn't want to waste the fabric" Eleanor replied as Ada passed the sample fabric to her.

"That one day better come soon" Ada grinned.

Eleanor strolled over to the rack of pre-made clothes and found a matching suit jacket and trousers made for women that she thought would be perfect for her business meetings and possibly some race days.
She then asked the shop owner if she could get the same suit but tailored to her size, the tailor gladly accepted and took Eleanor into the back room of the small shop, taking out a tape measure and writing down the measurements into a small note book.

Eleanor and the tailors ears perked up when they heard Ada arguing with someone in the front of the shop.
Only moments later Thomas Shelby walked into the back room like he owned it, just for him to go as red as the silk Ada showed Eleanor earlier when he realised that Eleanor was getting measured and was hardly clothed.
What surprised him the most was that Eleanor didn't immediately try to cover herself up, or stop the tailor taking measurements. Her confidence well and truly filled the room.

"What do you want Thomas? I'm quite busy right now." Eleanor said rolling her eyes.

"You're going to have dinner with me tomorrow." He pointed at her and then began to leave

"No Thomas, I am not" Eleanor replied, stopping Tommy in his tracks.

"What do you mean no?" Tommy said slowly turning around to look at Eleanor. The tailor could feel the level of hostility that Tommy was harbouring, so started to stop what she was doing before Eleanor told her to just carry on.

"Tommy, do I really have to break it down further. I will not be coming to dinner with you as I have no interest in the occasion. The dinner doesn't involve business, and on a romantic level, I just am not interested" Eleanor said with a smirk

"Fine" Tommy replied as he started to strop out of the room

"Hang on" Eleanor paused before stepping away from the tailor and going to her coat, dragging out an envelope. "Here's your bill for this month, pay when you can" She continued as she passed the envelope to Thomas.

Almost immediately he left the room and then the store, slamming the door behind him.

"My God girlie, you have got a hold over that one" The tailor mentioned

"What do you mean?" Eleanor said with a laugh

"Well in all my years I have never seen anyone, let alone a woman, get away with talking to Thomas Shelby like that" The tailor said as she finished up measuring Eleanor.

Later at the Garrison

Eleanor lent against the bar talking to Arthur. The Garrison was particularly quiet and it was only Eleanor and Arthur there.

"You know you're driving our Tom mad right" Arthur smirked, taking a sip from his whisky.

Eleanor cocked her head to the side in fake confusion as she drunk her wine, that was now kept at the Garrison especially for her.

"He can't get his head around you not going out to dinner with him"

"Oh Arthur don't try to convince me to go out with him now" Eleanor replied

"I ain't trying to, I'm just saying it's also driving a certain barmaid crazy him asking her for advice all the time" Arthur laughed

"Can't say that I'm a massive fan of Grace anyway, so I can't really say that I feel sorry for her" Eleanor said in response.

"Neither do I, there's something not quite right" Arthur said turning slightly serious.

"Now that I will agree with"

The pair continued drinking and chatting for the rest of the night, Harry even went home and locked up the place behind him. Arthur and Eleanor became alot closer as by the time they ran out of whisky and wine, the sun had risen.