. . . quatre!

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND," Vante started. "Why are you roaming around with those bastards that you call your friends? Is it a pureblood thing?"

Regulus sighed in response; he knew this topic would be brought up any time soon. In fact, he didn't understand it either. He would rather hang out with his brother and his stupid, marauding friends than with Barty, Rosier, Mulciber, Snape and the rest of that daft group. They liked一no, scratch that一loved to make innocent students suffer just because those idiots didn't know how to live with themselves. But he too hexed people "for fun" (that's what his mates expect him to do after all). Regulus cringed. He didn't want to satisfy the boys and prove himself to them. He didn't want to. He wanted it to end.

But, as Orion Black liked to say in his stern voice, it was for the best. Regulus didn't give a fuck about whether it was for the best, but he couldn't risk getting into trouble now, could he?

"Actually," he answered finally, "they are not my friends. But my parents want me to hang out with them. They think they're the right sort for me to be friends with. Me being a Black and all."

Vante shot him a weird look. "Regulus, that's fucking sad." The ravenhaired boy replied with an humourless chuckle. "I guess I can call myself lucky for having parents that don't care who I'm friends with as long as I'm happy."

"I guess," Regulus replied dryly, the feeling of jealousy increasing.

"And there is nothing you can do to change their mind?" He felt those golden eyes burning a hole into the side of his head. Regulus turned his head to him, taking in his god-like features. He shook his head, his eyes laid on the full lips of the brunet when a frustrated sigh escaped them.

"That sucks. I wish there was something I could do," Vante mumbled, chewing on his lower lip. Regulus shrugged nonchalantly. And if Vante would have founded a way, it still wouldn't be possible. Nothing could change his parent's minds.

"Are we friends, Regulus?" Vante whispered in the awkward silence, nudging the silver-eyed boy.

"I believe so." The answer came out too quickly. Regulus' cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Vante grinned widely. "I've wanted to be your friend since third year," he confessed, coughing awkwardly.

"Is that so?" Regulus smirked. "Why?"

"It was the year you hit puberty, couldn't keep my eyes off you since then." Regulus' eyes widened, his cheeks turned hot, again. Vante wore a smug smirk, proud of having that effect on the pureblood.

"I'm glad to have you as my friend, Reg."

Regulus flashed him a tiny smile, his heart fluttering. "As am I, Vanti."

Vante's golden eyes lightened up with affection at the new nickname given to him.