Chapter 26

"And before I could see he got into the bottle paint. It was paint everywhere!"

Maya laughed along with the rest of the Matthews as Amy told her stories about the stuff Josh did when he was little.
Maya could always laugh along with all of the stuff that the Matthews pull off just always at Riley.
This time round she is having a total different experience.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh if you want," Josh said and Maya gave his a kiss on his cheek.
"Relax, Boing. These are actually wonderful to show to your children one day. Or to tell your grandkids," Maya said.
"Thanks, Gorgeous," Josh said and Amy looked at the two of them.

To their surprise did the two get along a lot better than they would think because of Riley.
But it didn't even influence how they get along.
On the contrary, it just made them stronger due to they never acting like that.
It was like they were even stronger than ever before.

"So, Josh told me that Shawn is now your step-father. How is that going?" Amy asked.
"Actually he adopted me on top of everything. And very good. We get along great and it's nice having a dad in the house again," Maya said.
"I'll think so. You haven't had that in such a long time and now it probably feels weird," Josh said and Maya nod as she bit her lip.
"You okay?" Alan asked.
"It hurts knowing that one thing destroyed my friendship with Riley. Nine years down the drain. Ten actually. I can't help but think I've wasted all that time hoping we could patch things up," Maya said.
"I'm really sorry it ended like that," Josh said.
"Maybe you guys can fix it up," Amy said.
"I don't think so," Maya said.