Chapter 9: Arrived at last! An adventure worthwhile comes to a close

After an intense battle against the undead creature of the Undead Forest; Axel and Linda can finally have some rest. However, their journey still has a long way to go. During their battle against the undead creature, Axel manages to unlock a new power known as The Art of Instantaneous Movement or Calm Instinct. Alongside his friend Linda with her bravery and her Stardust Spear. And with the power of Calm Instinct aiding him in battle, they've managed to nullify the army of undead creatures and quickly escaped from the forest, exhausted from the; battle.

While walking together, Linda helped Axel to walk due to him losing the Calm Instinct form causing a huge; strain on his body and causing him to become weak to move; she tells him while helping him walk,

"Sheez, you're really heavy, you know," she said, looking at him with an annoyed look.

"Sorry for causing you this much trouble," said he replied.

"No worries. Oh, and about that Calm Instinct form, is that why you were meditating earlier?" asked Linda.

"Yes, you're correct," he said. "I've heard from many elemental users, including my master, that the only to achieve that form is to calm your mind to the point where you move on instinct."

Linda nodded, and she takes some mental notes about how to achieve the Calm Instinct, then Axel turns to look at Linda and tells her,

"Hey, Linda, I think that's a perfect spot for us to rest; let's go over there," said Axel, pointing at a small patch of grass with huge tree leaves covering the sun.

She and Axel walk towards the small resting spot, and Linda carefully set Axel down on a patch of grass as she sits beside him; while looking up at the sky, Linda asks Axel,

"Hey, Axel, can I asks you about something...?" she asked.

"Sure, ask me anything," said he replied.

"How come you can get so strong? And, what kind of routine you do to make yourself stronger?" asked Linda, looking at him quizzically.

Axel take a moment to think, and after he explains,

"I usually do some light training here or there, mostly; 3 times a day, but on certain occasions, I do; 5 times a day of training," he said, in a nonchalant attitude.

"5 times a day!? That must've been very rigorous, are ok doing that all day? Look now, I'm worried about you," she said worriedly. "You said that so casually like it was all right."

"Well, as you said, if you been doing it long enough, you'll get used to it eventually," said Axel, still in a nonchalant attitude. "Besides, I don't have anything to do."

Linda then thinks for a moment, and after that, she asks him again,

"Are there any things you do besides training?" she asked.

"Well, now that you mention it, hmm...back then, I think I once have a hobby of collecting mostly unique stones," he replied. "But I got bored with it pretty quickly, so I don't do it anymore."

"Hey! You know, collecting unique stones can give you something good out of it," she told her friend. "Some of those unique stones might be valuable, and you can get a decent amount of coins from selling it."

"I know that, but I guess...collecting isn't really my thing, you know," he replied, uninterested.

"Well, I can't argue with that. Other people do have different hobbies after all," she said.

The two of them then gaze up the afternoon sky, and they slowly begin to relax with the wind breezing over them. While viewing the sky, Axel and Linda hear something rustling; they turn around to see Linda's bag; shaking.