3. Realizing

Frontera Springs, 30 miles away from Seattle, July 22nd 2019 - Miranda's house

Jane Doe

Today is the big day! I am leaving the hospital to move to Miranda's house. How could I refuse her help? I had nowhere to go apart from Ragnar's house, but after his sweet offer got rebuked by my guardian angel, he has tried hard to avoid me, and has succeeded! I have not even seen him to say my good-byes. From the bottom of my heart, I wish I had been able to get to know him better. He exudes an attractive solar energy I want to touch and connect with. I even think I could have fallen hard for him had we spent more time together. His smile is as infectious as his joie de vivre. And should we even mention his super sexy toned pecs again?

At 8 am, after the final medical checks, Miranda picks me up from the hospital in her battered burgundy Subaru. It's not as if I have a ton of luggage, so we don't need her 4x4 hatchback! She drives super smoothly, and soon we settle in agreeable silence. I look through the window as the beautiful landscape stretches out as far as my eyes can see, drinking in the beauty of this world like a thirsty wanderer in the desert.

The drive is pretty short. Indeed, Miranda lives about 30 minutes away from Seattle in the mountains in a small town called Frontera Springs, pop. 478.5. Wait. What?!? Half a person? Must be a joke.

After we cross Frontera Springs, a pretty small town, we take a narrower road, then a windier unpaved path until we arrive at a picturesque hilltop where Miranda's residence is perched, teetering on the edge

Her mixed modern and quaint Victorian house offers a 360° view on the Fate River. The green banks and the lush forest carpeting the flanks of the valley are a soothing sight to my tumultuous thoughts.

She opens a red door to an ample open living space with windows on all sides, and I feel at home right away. Strange how the mind works. Miranda puts down the grocery bags that we filled up at the local market with teas, fresh fruits, nuts, flowers, and chocolates and pronounces a string of strange words which sound like "haris madonna aveena vividus vividus travela". She must be getting old if her grey hair is any indication because she does say strange things every so often.

She turns around with a great smile and insists, "Come on in. You can truly feel at home here, honey. You are protected. You can stay as long as you want. Let's have some hot tea and dive into your situation. I think I might be able to help you".

I stand in the entrance, not knowing what to do with myself, already tired by the few steps we have walked. As I look around, I observe several framed portraits on the wall, dozens of ancient books on the shelves, flowers, and plants in every nook and cranny, two fireplaces, and lots of candles. Small, tall, large, white, black, handmade, any candle you can think of seem to have made its way to Miranda's house.

My bedroom is on the second floor overlooking the Fate River without another dwelling in sight. The vista is marvelous: trees, bushes, smaller rivers, hills, flowers of all shapes and colors, and a beautiful deep blue sky as far as the eye can see. The sheer pure immensity of the land surrounding the house is a view to behold.