1

"Come on, mister." Izuku spread his hands in what he hoped was a non-threatening manner. "Hand over the transaction, please."

"L-leave me alone! I'm not a hero or a villain. I don't even have a good quirk!"

Izuku kept advancing.

"That doesn't bother me. All quirks are amazing. You shouldn't be so quick to reject yours."

Izuku sighed as the scraggly man scrambled further into the alley. Did this guy know that it was a dead-end? Perhaps he did and was waiting for the right time to attack.

"No, no, no. You don't get it. I couldn't do anything. I had nothing! I thought if I hung out with strong guys, I could become strong, too."

"Thinking like that will never get you anywhere, mister. Everyone grows at a different pace, but if you use others' growth as a shadow, you will only have an illusion. Test yourself separately to see where you stand. That way, you'll see what strengths and weaknesses you have. Then you develop from there."

"How can you say that? You want me to be weak? I can't be like that! Not forever!"

"I'm not here to fight you," Izuku tried again. "Just give me the booster."

"I'm telling you to leave me alone!" He repeated. "Get away from me!"

Honestly, Izuku did not want to kill him. He never did. But at some point, Izuku gave up on wasting his assurances to those not willing to listen.

"Why is it always me? No matter what I do, everyone is always out for me. Am I that weak?" Izuku listened with half an ear. A good chop would knock him out.

The man rummaged through his pocket. "No more!"

A flash of silver caught his eye. "With this, I can be stronger!"

Shoot! A syringe! Izuku immediately bolted, charging forward, trying to activate his quirk. But he was too slow. The veins on the man's pale neck bulged and blackened, and the desperate look in his eyes turned psychotic.

Power crackled, and Izuku launched up a building wall. Thin long blades sliced through every space in the alley below. Izuku landed softly on the edge of a roof. The man cackled. The blades disappeared back into his body.

There it is. The quirk booster at work. It was troublesome that the drug was effective immediately. Otherwise, Izuku could have been done by now.

The druggie lifted his eyes. "You know, you were supposed to give rise to those of us who live in these shadows. Why do you continue to police us like you do those overgrown heroes? You want us gone, too? Like you did with the spirit of the heroes." He giggled. "Man, I'm on such a high!"

"Jeez, you can say the same for your voice. Did you breathe a bag of helium or something?"

Izuku jumped at the sudden presence next to him. "Himiko! What are you doing here!?"

"Aw. Are you not glad to see me?"

Izuku shook his head. "That's not what I was saying at all."

The blonde girl beamed, her canines winking with the moonlight wickedly. She twirled, and her short skirt flapped in its wake, rising higher...

Izuku quickly looked away and stood.

"I'm so glad I caught up with you! You should let someone know where you're going." Himiko pouted. "Is this what you do all those times you've disappeared? So mean, Deku, keeping these toys all to yourself. Weren't you ever taught to share?"

Izuku scratched the back of his head. "Ah, I'm sorry! I'm actually here for research. Please, forgive me. But should you really be saying that? You aren't one to share. In fact, you do the opposite."