Chapter 3

My mum was breathing heavily. She was sweating furiously. While I held her arms, she shook crazily. I know my mum was stress about this party, but something was wrong. Her were darting madly around the room.
"Mum you need to calm down. Are you alright do you need help?"
She was frantically searching my face for something I could not find. She seemed more than concerned, more panicked. "Mum what has gotten into you.
"No,no, no this cannot happen. We did everything we could, honey, you know we tried." She said, while tears started pouring from her dark blue eyes. " We promise we did everything we could."
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
" The reappearance. The reappearance. You can't go. Letter. The letter. she pulled out a small letter, about a paragraph long, it was a cream color and had a large Hancock at the bottom of the page.

Dear Ms. Chasity Robins,
The upcoming reappearance has not accepted your invitation. Please notify the Congress that you will not be attending the ceremony on the fifth day of September 2014. Your invitation for the ceremony has not been approved by the council. Your next try at a reappearance will be The 12th day of October 2016. We are sorry to inform that your daughter will not be applied for her ceremony into adulthood. Councilmember 24,
Kirkman White
President of council, leader of decisions, and high inquisitor since 1978

I dropped the letter and stared mum in the eye. she now had big, red, eyes that stared innocently at me, almost accusingly.I couldn't believe I was not going. Nobody has ever not attended the reappearance. What did I do wrong? Did I fill out the paper along. No, that couldn't be. I did exactly what mum told me to do. I smoke with anger and frustration.
" I'm not going." Was all I said as I turned and headed down the hall to my room.