Chapter 6: The Sleepover

With out further adieu... chap 6 :)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Comment & Vote <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 6: The Sleepover

Ezra POV

I trudged off to her room still in shock. How could they have expected me to keep such a secret from her? I never wanted to betray their trust, but this was her life and it wasn’t at all what it had seemed.

Of course I hadn’t asked for the details and had no desire to have heard them. But a nagging feeling lingered that told me there was a huge piece of the puzzle that escaped me. It wasn’t my right to have asked,so I dropped it, just like that.

I took a few silent moments and calmed myself, built up my walls, so she wouldn’t have gotten suspicious. She had always done her best to stay out of my feelings, at my request. I was the only one she had done this for. Everyone else had been an open book to her.

But sometimes, strong emotions invaded her anyhow, even when she hadn’t wanted them to. It was a wonder that she hadn’t discovered how I really felt about her. Maybe she had and had hidden it from me. No, that wasn’t possible. She was so easy to read. It was almost like she pushed her own feelings onto others sometimes, without her knowing it.

When I felt I had stalled long enough, I knocked our ‘secret’ knock on her door. This told her it was me. She opened it with a weird look on her face. I wasn’t sure if it was anxiety or perhaps regret. That kiss had messed things up m0re than I had imagined. Damn!

“What’s up Ezra?” She questioned. There was awkwardness between us. I had really fucked things up this time. Maybe I shouldn’t have kissed her in the first place, but I couldn’t have helped it. I just needed her so badly.

“Are you ready beautiful?” I asked, put my best relaxed smile on my face. Her look said ‘what the hell are talking about’. Maybe I shouldn’t have called her beautiful, but I had always done that and she would have known something was up if I hadn’t.

“What are you talking about? Are we going somewhere?” She inquired and raised her eyebrows. She looked so cute when she was confused.

“Didn’t your father tell you? We’re having a sleepover.” I chuckled with a sly grin plastered on my face. She gave me a ‘WTF’ look. She hadn’t expected this. Normally our sleepovers were planned a little further in advance.

“There’s a mission. It’s just one night. It’s not the end of the world.” I announced and tried hard not to look as annoyed as I felt. I was annoyed over the circumstance I had put us both in, not at her.

“Oh.” That was her response, one simple word. How could one word have cut so deeply? Maybe it wasn’t the word itself, but the tone in which she used it. It sounded as if she was either depressed or annoyed.

“Do you need help?” I asked expectantly as she used her speed to quickly throw a few things together.

“Nope, all packed.” She smiled and handed me her bright purple bag that was more like a purse. She was the one with all the strength yet she forced me to carry this girly thing around for her. How embarrassing.

“You have all that strength, why do you make me carry this?” I asked as we made our way through the palace grounds toward my home.

It was a modest cottage with two stories. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen and den. Had I mentioned the Jacuzzi tub upstairs? Sure, it was modest… for being on a palatial estate.