Chapter 1

"Amethyst!" I heard my teammate and best friend, Hailey, call out. I stopped the soccer ball, wet with dew, at my feet.

        "What's up?" I shot back, turning to face her, my friend since diapers, her brown curls wet with sweat and stuck to her forehead, her ponytail halfway fallen out.

        "I need to practice a new trick," she said, wearing a proud smile, "I figured you could practice being goalie." I usually play defense, but I can play the position of goalie if needed. Our current goalie is injured, so I decided I would help both of us and practice.

        "Alright, show me what you've got," I replied, pulling on my gloves before slipping a piece of my dark, plum purple hair behind my ear. I stood in the goal, feet shoulder-width apart while I halfway crouched, hands out and ready to catch the ball that would soon be flying in my direction.

       "Eyes on the ball, Amy." Where did that come from? That wasn't the voice of any of my teammates, nor was it the voice of my coach. It was male, sounding about my age, but this was the girls' varsity soccer practice. "It's okay to be confused now. You'll understand soon." The voice said in a calm tone. I'll understand soon? Understand what? These questions flew around my mind before they were joined by another thought, ow. I blinked, confused and then disappointed. In front of me stood Hailey, looking concerned.

       "Amethyst, I'm so sorry!" she cried out. I had been hit in the face with the ball. I frowned and picked up the soccer ball that lie in the net behind me, handing it back to Hailey. Now her face told me that she was confused. "Amethyst? Are you okay?" she asked. I couldn't stop myself. The face she was making, the serious tone in her voice, I burst into a fit of laughter.

        At first, she stood there in shock, staring at me blankly. After a second she caught on and started laughing with me. "Your face! I'm sorry, you never get that serious!" I exclaimed between giggles. We laughed together for a good minute before it was time for us to leave.

(A/N: Sorry, but some chapters are probably going to be short, just keep reading to see what happens! Hope you like it so far!)