king of the road

Scott Hoying had been getting into older music recently and was beginning to prefer the style over modern music. He decided to cover a song from the '60's. He went out his room into his best friends, not caring that his friend was currently dressing.

"Hey, Mitchie." Scott spoke as he laid on his friends bed, watching him change in a completely non creepy way. Mitch just raised an eyebrow at his friend as he walked around in his boxers trying to decide what to wear. He went for black skinny jeans and an oversized jumper before laying next to his friend being almost immediately brought into his blonde friends arms.

"Hey, Scottie, what's up?" Mitch asked gently as he rested his head on his best friends chest. Scott began moving his hair through the brunettes hair.

"Nothing, really. I just need you to film me in a few days. I'm doing a cover for my channel. Also I wanted a cuddle." Scott spoke softly.

"Aww, babe. Of course I'll film you. What song you doing? Do you need help with arrangements or are you doing karaoke? You can cuddle anytime, you know that." Mitch said turning to look at his friend with gentle eyes. Scott leaned forward and kissed his friends forehead softly.

"Yeah actually, I might originate it. It's King of the Road from the '60's. I know I can cuddle whenever. I always do. No matter where we are. However, this cuddle session needs to end otherwise we'll be late for rehearsal. Because any longer and I'd fall asleep. I'm so tired, Mitchie." Scott spoke sitting up holding Mitch close.

"I'll help, I love that song. We gotta get going Scottie. We'll stop by Starbucks on the way there if you'd like." Mitch began speaking as he kissed his friends cheek and stood and grabbed his phone before pulling his friend to the door. "Why are you so tired, baby?" He spoke while he watched the blonde lock their front door.

"We need Starbucks. Thanks for helping babe. I don't know why I'm so tired. It's less tired more than drained and sleep doesn't come anymore. It's not good since we have tour coming up either." Scott began as they walked towards Scott's car. Mitch got in the car halfway through the words so Scott stopped and continued in the car. The taller of the two started the car as the smaller looked at him worriedly.

Mitch reached over and gripped his friends spare hand. Scott smiled at him gently as he pulled into the drive thru of their favourite place. Scott spoke their orders and quickly got them not once removing his hand from where it was locked with Mitch's.

————— a few days later —————

Mitch started the camera and Scott smiled gently before starting his piano piece of his song. "Trailers for sale or rent, rooms to let, fifty cents..." Mitch changed camera angles every so often making sure Scott knew where he was at all times. At the end of the song Scott motioned for Mitch to put the camera down on top of the piano and pulled his best friend into his arms.

"Hey, Scottie. What's wrong?" Mitch said as usually when on camera Scott would tickle him relentlessly but he didn't that time and it worried him a little.

"Nothings wrong Mitchie. I'm tired. Thank you for helping me with arranging this song." Scott said before lifting his head from where it was buried in his best friends neck. He looked at the camera and smiled waving before reaching to turn it off. He picked his friend up and carried them both to his bedroom intending to cuddle his friend.

He placed his friend on his bed and passed him a top before they both stripped to their boxers. They both put on one of Scott's tops before cuddling under the covers.

"Scottie, please sleep. I'm right here. I'm not leaving." Mitch said as he cuddled into his friend tightly. Scott still pulled him impossibly closer and buried his nose in his friends neck gently.

"Only if you sleep too, baby." Scott said already falling asleep to the scent of his best friend in his arms, his presence calming him almost immediately. Mitch nodded slightly almost falling asleep. Scott gently kissed his friends neck and they both fell into a slight slumber.