Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty-Seven

I woke up the next morning feeling better than I have for the past few weeks. I felt happy, complete and couldn't stop smiling at the memory of the good night kiss.

When I checked my phone I found a message from Luke, which made me feel slightly nervous.

From; Grayson
Mornin' beautiful. How do you feel about a lunch out with me today? I think we need a talk ;)

I had to bite away my smile. He called me beautiful. No one had ever called me that before,  except for my parents which didn't count.

To; Grayson
Hey, yeah. I'm up for that. Just tell me where and when.

Soon enough I got a text back telling me to meet him in half an hour at the cafe he had taken me the time we bunked school to make up after I told him off for being Harry's friend.

I quickly got dressed pulling on a black pair of skinny jeans with rips on both knees, a scallop layered black cami top and an black and white aztec print bat sleeved oversized cape cardigan. I then slipped on a pair of suede Louboutin heel pumps before making my way downstairs. 

"Well someone's very dressed up." My mum raised an eyebrow as I poured myself a glass of juice.

"I'm going out mum. I'm going to be late--"

"Luke's not going to be mad. Just sit down and talk to me." She said.

"It's not Luke mum." I lied.

She looked at me suspiciously and laughed. "Oh come on. You really think I'll believe that?"

"Yeah-no." I changed my mind half way. "How did you know?" I asked sitting down. 

"Because  you're my daughter and my daughter doesn't dress up unless she's going out on a date." She smiled. "Plus I've spoken to Ana this morning."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you did."

"And I saw that goodnight kiss." My head shot up and I could feel myself turn crimson.

"You s-saw er, you saw--"

"The kiss,  yes that's what I said sweetheart." She laughed.

"Oh god." I groaned.

"It's okay Chloe. It's normal." My mum told me. "There's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Okay, you know what mum?" I said standing up and grabbing my bag. "I er, I think it's time for me to go. I'll see you later."

"Have fun huney and use protection!" My mum called after me.

"I always do!" I retorted. 

"Not funny." Oh yeah, I forgot that she knew about my sex life so I just quickly closed the door behind me and got in my car.

~***~

Luke was already at the table when I walked in. He smirked his usual smirk as I sat down.

"See I didn't even have to see you this morning to know you'll look beautiful."

I blushed. "I must say you're not looking too bad yourself Grayson."

We at quickly with a lot of small talk. It was far from awkward though. We both knew we had to talk about last night but none of us was sure how to bring it up.

"Why dont we go for a walk down the pier." Luke suggested as we left the cafe.

"Sounds good." I smiled. 

As we walked I took a deep breath and just said the words. "So last night."

I saw him smirk. "Yeah about that."

"What about it?" I asked.

"It was possibly one of the two best kisses I've ever had, including the one the night of the carnival." He winked at me.

I bit my lip. "Well this is awkward."

"Why?"

"Because that wasn't that good for me." I lied.

"Oh really?" He asked raising a cocky eyebrow. 

"Yeah, sorry. I just thought you should know." I told him as we reached the barriers,  looking out into the sea.

"That stings princess." He winced dramatically. 

I laughed,  ending the conversation for a bit. We stared into the sea for a long while before I started again.

"You know we're never going to be just friends Grayson right?" I pointed out not looking at him.

"Why not? He asked. "I mean, I'll always love you but that doesn't mean you have to love me."

"No, you don't get it." I laughed humourlessly. 

"I do. I really do. If friendship is all you want from me I understand I just don't want to--"

"I love you Grayson." The words slipped out before I could stop them and I found myself staring straight into his eyes. His eyebrows had shot up and his mouth was slightly apart.

"Y-you what?"

"I love you." I smiled. It was like saying the words themself made me happy.

A goofy grin appeared on his face. "You don't have to say that if--"

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it you idiot." I shook my head in disbelief. "I cant believe I love such an arrogant,  clueless, stupid--"

I was interrupted by Luke cupping my face and pressing his lips to mine. I flung my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me. His hands reappeared at my waist as he leaned forward to tip me backwards, not breaking the kiss for one moment. As he pulled me back up I smiled against his lips, causing him to chuckle.

"You do realise you've just made me the happiest guy alive?" He asked still holding me against his chest.

I bit my lip to hide my smile. "Well, I'm the happiest girl."

And as our lips connected again I couldn't help but forgive him. I suddenly forgot about all the stuff he'd done, the heart breaks, the tears he's caused, all our arguments. All I wanted was him and keeping him close to me. Even with all our issues,  he made me the happiest girl alive and that's all I needed.

I was purely and utterly in love with Luke Grayson.