Unexpected Surprise part 1

Ruby's POV:

A Frostblood circled me as I held my ground. As I watched my opponent closely, I concentrated on my heat. The Frostblood then attacked throwing a tail of the dragon at me and I blocked it with a shield of fire before shooting fire arrows at him. Halfway through our spar, I was whisked into some sort of vision. I could see myself and Arcus holding twin children, before it flashed to a memory of me killing the captain in King Rasmus' arena and then melting the thrones of Sud and Fors. When the vision and memory left, I was caught off guard by Arcus blast of frost before I was knocked down. I let out a cry before hitting the ground and once again twisting my ankle. "Ruby!" Arcus exclaimed as he came up to me and knelt down. "Are you all right?" Arcus asked concerned. I held up my hand to give me a minute before I spoke. "I'm fine Arcus. It was just another episode, but I think we might need to pay a visit to Forwind Abbey." I said as he helped me back up to my feet. "The abbey? Why?" Arcus questioned. I could clearly see the confusion in his blue eyes that looked like melting ice. "Because I want to see Brother Gamut and Sister Pastel and Sister Clove. But I really do want to see Brother Gamut first though." I said tiredly as I leaned heavily into Arcus' chest, his strong arms supporting me. "Come on my little inferno, let's get you inside so you can rest and I'll see Lord Ustathius can watch the castle until we return from Forwind Abbey in two days." Arcus said gently before sweeping me up into his arms and carried me back to the castle. "You know that I can walk by myself." I murmured as I tucked my head underneath his chin and closed my eyes. "I know but you looked like you were going to fall asleep right there standing up, and besides, I've grown accustomed to carrying this little bundle of crackling firewood." He teased. I punched his shoulder tiredly before drifting off to sleep as he carried me into the castle.

***************************
The next day, Doreena helped me and Arcus pack for our two day stay at the abbey. I had insisted that I wear my normal tunic and leggings, much to Marella's protests. I was now wearing my favorite dark red tunic and brown leggings with my calfskin boots. As soon as I stepped into the stables I felt cool hands cover my eyes I smiled knowingly before laughing at Arcus' antics. "Arcus I can't see where I'm going." I whined. "I know, Lady Firebrand, but it's only for a few seconds, now walk forward until I say stop." Arcus said. My body tingled with excitement at Arcus' cool breath on my neck. I let out a laugh, but complied. Arcus guided me for a few minutes until he told me to stop and he turned me to face what I guessed was a stall. "I'm going to take my hands away and then you can open your eyes, my little inferno." Arcus' voice rumbled in my ear. I let out a girlish giggle. " Okay, 1...2...3!" Arcus said as he released my eyes and I opened them to see a familiar pale yellow mare. "Butter! How did you get here? Did Arcus bring you?" I said fussing over my favorite mare. I heard a chuckle behind me and turned to see Arcus smiling at me. I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. "Did you bring her?" I asked. "No. Brother Thistle brought her here last night, but before you saddle her I suggest you look inside her stall." Arcus said, gesturing to a small foal lying down in the soft hay. I let out a small gasp as I stared at the small pale yellow and white foal. "She had a foal, with Alabaster?" I guessed. Arcus grinned, before he went to saddle his white stallion, Alabaster. "Yes, she and Alabaster had their first foal, but since the foal was born last night, we have to take Alabaster, so Butter and her foal can rest. I gave Butter one last pet on her nose before Arcus helped me up into the saddle and he got up behind me. We waved goodbye to Doreena and took off toward the abbey.