Unexpected Surprise part 2

It was just a little past noon when  Arcus woke me from my sleep. I raised my head from where it rested on his chest next to his shoulder and saw some of the monks coming out of the abbey to greet us. Arcus pulled Alabaster to a stop before dismounting and turned to help me down. As soon as my  feet touched the ground, was caught up in Sister Pastel and Sister Clove's embrace. I gave them a smile and returned their embrace before they let me go. I suddenly felt sick, and tilted my head to look up at Arcus. Arcus must have sensed my discomfort because he then pulled me closer to him. "Sorry for having to make this short, but we are tired and would like to visit Brother Gamut, please. " Arcus explained as he helped me to Brother Gamut's infirmary. Once we were inside the abbey, Arcus finally spoke his concern. "Ruby, what's wrong with you? At noon you didn't even eat your food that we packed and you slept the rest of the way here, so please tell me my little inferno." Arcus pleaded as we continued to the infirmary. "Honestly, Arcus I don't know what's wrong with me other than the episodes and nightmares I have because of the Minax. I'm hoping that Brother Gamut could help us figure this out, and get some of his special tea," I explained, " Hey Arcus can you make me an icicle?" Arcus stared at me incredulously but complied as he created an icicle and gave it to me. As soon as he handed me the icicle, I began to lick it like a popsicle. "You have the weirdest choice of taste." I heard Arcus mutter. I glared at him playfully before shoving him.

******************

Arcus' POV:

As Ruby and I got to Brother Gamut's infirmary and looked at my little inferno. "You ready Lady Firebrand?" I asked gently as I scanned her face for anything. "I'm ready as I'll ever be." she said. I nodded and took a deep breath before knocking. We heard noises and then then door opened. As soon as Brother Gamut saw who was at his door, I saw his face break into a huge smile, before his expression turned into one of concern when he saw my bundle of crackling firewood resting her head on my shoulder. "Come in quickly." Brother Gamut said as he ushered us in and had me set her down on her old pallet. "Arcus please tell me what is wrong with her?" Brother Gamut asked me as he prepared his special tea. "I don't really know Brother Gamut, all I know is that she has been really tired and has been having the weirdest food cravings." I explained concerned for her well being. Brother Gamut nodded as he brought over two cups of the special tea. Ruby took her cup and smiled weakly and murmured a thanks to Brother Gamut before she turned her attention back to me. "Arcus, can you make me an icicle please? " she asked weakly. I smiled at her and made her an icicle to eat on. I turned to Brother gamut who just looked at her incredulously before shaking himself and turned his head towards me then back to Ruby. "Ruby, may I speak with Arcus in private? " he asked. I watched as my little inferno nodded her head. The monk motioned me to follow him into the next room and closed the door behind us before turning to me. "Well do you know what's wrong with her?" I asked, concerned for my little inferno. "Yes. From just by observing her, she is showing signs of pregnancy." The monk replied. "Are you saying that Ruby is pregnant? I asked in disbelief. Brother Gamut nodded. "But I suggest you talk to Brother Thistle about this, because of her connection to the Minax." Brother Gamut said seriously. I nodded. "Do you know where he is at the moment?" I asked. "He should be where he normally is. The office inside the church." Brother Gamut said. I gave him my thanks before ducking out of the room and found my bundle of crackling firewood asleep on her old pallet. Honestly, when we were still here, I felt bad that she was forced to sleep here in the infirmary every night after training, on the hard pallet with an old worn out blanket.