Chapter One

"Oh God, I can't be late to biology again!" I think frantically to myself as I run down the hallway with folders and books swaying about as my feet pound the tile.
    As my pace slows, I hear the click of heels and the sound of perfectly ironed charcoal black velvet swishing through the air - the sound of Emily Anderson walking behind me. I can almost see the smirk on her face.
   "I'm not dealing with her today. My main priority right now is getting across the school in the next two minutes," I mumble.
    Apparently, I " mumbled" loud enough for Queen Bee Emily to hear me.
   "What's that, loser?" she asks dramatically, popping her pink bubble gum in my face.
    Somehow, I muster up the courage to retort with, "I said that I'm not dealing with you today. I have bigger things to worry about."
    At this, she threw her perfectly straight hair over her velvet covered shoulder and let out a dainty little giggle, almost like she was showing off that she even laughed better than me.
    "Just wait until after class," she said, a smirk spreading across her thin face, "I swear I will -"
    The bell cut her off, my cue to run. If the school bell hadn't rung, I would've rung her bell.