Why does it have happen

Luke and Lorelai are watching tv with their 10 year old daughter Rory and the news comes on with severe thunderstorms warnings. Rory sees it and feels her breathing speed up. When it sped up Lorelai's was getting coffee and Luke saw Rory's breathing speed up and took her into his arms and put his hand on her chest and told her to breathe in and out , in and out , in and out and rubbed her back with the other hand and repeated this until she calmed down and her breathing got back to normal. Rory soon fell asleep in Luke's arms. Lorelai came in and smiled. Luke said " she had an attack when the news came on ". "Omg no more watching the news " said Lorelai well that's when we can advoid it.
2 hours later Luke still has Rory in his arm asleep but he has to wake her up for Friday night dinner. "Rory honey time to wake up, we have to go to grandmas for dinner tonight it's Friday ". Rory come on we'll pick out your outift said Lorelai. She picked out a ombré rainbow tunic with black leggings and black uggs. After that Lorelai does Rory's hair in a two French braid pigtails with black bows at the bottom of each braids. Once they are all ready they head to Luke's truck before they get in Luke asked Rory how she's feeling since the attack and if she feels good enough to go. She tells him as of now I am good to go but Luke knows that that can change at the drop of a hat.