Introduction Part 1

It's been years since the eight of us were all together in the same house. Safe and sound behind the walls that protected us from the dangers of the outside world. Where we didn't have to worry about what was out in the world or being separated from each other. We would get everyone together to play a game like tag or hide and seek around the house. We would be free to roam, to just be kids and not having to worry about anything. We didn't worry about the fact that most of our family was immortal and at that point, my brothers weren't old enough to show off their strength. At that moment, we were just a bunch of kids playing together. Running around the house while our mom cleaned. We'd try to avoid tripping on the freshly cleaned floor that my mom just mopped.

I looked behind me as to see if anyone was following when I bumped into something and fell on the floor. I winced in pain as I looked up to see what I bumped into, seeing nothing but one of my older brothers. Mammon turned around to look at me, with what looked like an angry look on his face. I started to shake as I gulped, not knowing what to say. I watched as he put his hands on his hips and looked down at me with a serious look to his face. "Mal, watch where you're going," he said, as he studied me. I backed up from him as I finally replied. "Sorry," I whimpered, hoping I wouldn't get hurt. Mammon sighed as he backed up a little bit, then held out his hand to help me up. "It's ok, just be careful. Your gonna get hurt. Alright," he said, as I nodded. "Alright. I'll be more careful," I said, as he stood straiter and cracked a smile. "Ok. Now," he said, as someone rushed around the corner and poked me in the back.

A giggle erupted behind me as another voice spoke. "Mal's it," Asmodeus said, as I looked back, seeing him start to run away. But the instant he looked at the two of us, his smile faded. He stopped in the hallway as he turned around and got more serious. "Is something wrong?" he asked as he walked back up at the two of us. Mammon shook his head. "No. Mal just ran into me. That's all," he said with a huff. Asmodeus sighed as he crossed his arms. "You didn't hurt her, did you?" Mammon sighed. "I didn't hurt her. She ran into me," he explained. Asmodeus turned to me as he crouched to my level. "Mal, are you alright?" he asked as I nodded. "Yeah," I said, as I nervously looked up at Mammon. Mammon took a deep breath. "What is it? I'm not gonna hurt ya if that's what your thinking," he said, as I looked at Asmodeus then back to him. I walked up to Mammon as I poked his side. "Mammon's it," I said, as I giggled and ran the other way. Asmodeus chuckled as he ran with me, leaving Mammon right behind us.

I ran a little way but stopped and turned around as to watch Mammon standing in the hallway. He took a deep breath as he shook his head. "I'm coming for you, little brat," he said, as he sprinted after us. I giggled as I continued to run, but he caught up and started to tickle me from behind. I looked up as I started to laugh. "Asmo, save me," I said, between giggling. Asmodeus laughed as he shook his head. "No, you deserve it," he said, as Mammon stopped tickling me. "There, now we're even," Mammon said, as he looked up and got serious. I studied him as I followed his eyes, seeing our oldest brother sending daggers. Mammon took a deep breath. "Don't look at me like that. We're playing around," he said, as Lucifer crossed his arms. "You better not be hurting our sister. You know she's not like us," Lucifer said to Mammon. Mammon went to speak as Asmodeus stood next to him. "Well, Mal did deserve it. Plus, we were just playing a game. Right," he said, as he turned to me. I looked back at him as I nodded. "Right," I said, as a squeak entered my voice. Lucifer looked back and forth from Mammon to Asmodeus. He took a huff, then looked down at me, his red eyes glaring with anger. I gulped, knowing that I was in trouble. "Come here, little girl," he said, with what sounded like a strict tone in his voice.

Shaking, I walked up to him in silence, afraid of getting scolded for no reason. Lucifer leaned down and picked me up. I stayed silent as I placed my head onto his shoulder. "You hurt at all?" he asked as I looked up at him. "No. I'm fine," I said, as my voice cut out at the end of my sentence. Lucifer placed his hand on my back, as to make sure I didn't fall out of his arms, then turned back to Mammon. "Your lucky she's not in pain. Anyway, I need to take Mal for at least an hour. It's important," he said, as Mammon huffed. "So you gonna punish her for no reason? We were just playing," he reminded Lucifer with. Lucifer shook his head. "No, I'm not going punish Mal for playing. We have a guest and he asked to see her," he said, as I looked up at him. Asmodeus sighed. "Oh, it's that guy," he said, with an upset tone. Lucifer huffed. "Yes, it's that guy. Anyway, she'll be able to play after the meeting," he said, as he turned around and started to carry me the way he came from. Asmodeus smiled. "After your meeting, we'll continue to play," he yelled as him and Mammon ran the other way. I watched them in silence as I looked up at Lucifer. He peeked down at me. "You wanna walk next to me?" he asked as I looked the way we were headed. I stayed silent for a few moments. "Yeah," I finally said. Lucifer sighed as he set me down and grabbed my hand as we continue to walk.