🌹 One Dance 🌹

Yay! Last-minute Valentines Day Miraculous fanfiction! I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

❤️ Happy Valentines Day! ❤️

{+}{+}{+}

"I dare you to ask and go with the weird girl to the Valentine's Day Dance!" Kim declared, pointing at the smug blonde. Nino, Ivan, Max, Alix, and Nathaniel all looked over at Adrien, who didn't feel so smug anymore. Adrien quirked an eyebrow in confusion.

"Who?" The blonde asked.

"You know," Kim said, doing hand gestures as to prove something, "the mute that sits behind you in class." Adrien blinked for a moment before realization hit like a ton of bricks.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng? That quiet girl that sits behind me?" Adrien questioned. Kim nodded like a child agreeing to have a second slice of cake. The blonde hummed in thought before smirking.

"You're on!" He challenged.

That's how it all began.

With a simple dare.

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette had just finished putting her books in her locker before rolling up her sleeve. Written on her arm, was a sentence and the first words that her soulmate would say to her. She already had the sentence memorized in hopes to hear it from her soulmate someday.

   She didn't necessarily need to roll up her sleeve to read it, but it was nice to just look at it every once in a while. Marinette always smiled down at the words and felt her heart thump against her chest, face growing warm.

   Would the lovely princess do me the honors and go with this dashing prince to the ball?

   The bluenette patiently waited for her prince to ask her this question every time there was a dance. Yet, no boys (or girls) had dropped the unspoken question, neither having anything to do with the dance.

   Mainly, her classmates came to ask her about homework or just to small talk. Conversations were pretty short since she wasn't much of a talker and more a listener. Her shyness and social anxiety never mixed well together, rendering her the title of "the weird girl" or "the mute." There were only a few people that ever heard her talk before.

   Marinette brushed her fingers over the words softly and smiled gently.

   "So, when is the blind prince going to get some glasses and find what he's missing out on?"

   The bluenette jumped out of her skin and scrambled around to find her best friend, Alya. Besides her parents, Alya was someone she talked to the most than others. The ombré-haired teen had already found her soulmate to be none other than Nino. She found out the first day coming to this school.

   It was like a match made in heaven and Marinette could only hope the same would happen to her.

Marinette sighed then whined, "I don't know. I'm already seventeen-years-old and still can't find my soulmate."

"Girl, relax. Lots of people don't find their soulmate for many years. The same could be for you," Alya reassured, resting her hand on her best friend's shoulder.

"Yeah, but how many people get asked out to a dance after graduation?" Marinette asked, nervously rubbing the words on her arm for comfort.

"How do you know it's a dance and not an actual ball or gala? Your soulmate could be an actual prince!" Alya said, taking her hand off of the shy girl's shoulder to take out her phone.

"For all you know..." The redhead trailed off, typing away at her phone before showing Marinette a picture, "...this dude could be your future boyfriend." On the phone screen, a picture of Prince Ali, the next ruler of Achu was displayed. Marinette looked unsure of Alya's theory on Ali being her soulmate.

"I don't think so," Marinette replied, "I would be a terrible royal for how clumsy and shy I am. If I were the future Queen of Achu, I'd probably make the fool or joker look like the smartest guy in the kingdom."

"Those traits are very endearing to someone as adorable as you are," Alya reassured. Marinette felt a small smile spread on her lips before someone bumped into her hard. The bluenette stumbled forward a little and was caught by her best friend.

"Watch out, Muteinette," Chloé spat continuing walking towards her locker. Sabrina gave the two best friends an apologetic look before catching up with Chloe. Alya rolled her eyes while Marinette looked sadly down at the ground.

"Don't listen to her, girl. She's just jealous that she doesn't have a soulmate," Alya said, squeezing the bluenette in a tight hug.

"Still..." Marinette began, frowning, "I wish I can act like a normal person and actually talk to people."

"You talk to me and your parents. A real chatterbox, I might add. You even sometimes talk to other students even if it's very short conversations," The redhead replied.

"Those "other students" are only Rose, Juleka, and Mylene," Marinette replied, sourly, "That's not very many."

"It's more than what you had before I came to this school. So, it's progress. Baby steps," Alya said before her phone vibrated. The blogger looked down at the screen before typing something. She placed the device back into her pocket then turned back to Marinette.

"It's Nino. He wants me to go see him before I leave. So, I'll see you tomorrow, and we'll practice talking to someone else. Maybe, a boy?" She suggested with a shrug.

"Yeah, sure," Marinette said, faking a small smile.

"Excellent!" The redhead cheered, giving her best friend and hug and departed from the locked room. Marinette's frown returned to her face as she rolled her sleeve back down her arm, falling silent.

Alya didn't know this, but Marinette didn't really like talking to boys (other than her father, of course). They picked on her when she was little. Even after the teasing stopped, she had some trouble being around them again without flinching away.

Just as some boys passed her, she scooted off to the side a little more than needed. Old habits die hard, she guessed. So, talking to her soulmate, or any guy to be more precise, was going to be difficult if she didn't gather enough courage.

Marinette sighed. She was about to leave until almost forgetting her sketchbook in her locker. The bluenette re-opened her locker and grabbed the sketchbook. She held it close to her chest in a protective way and shut the locker. Not paying much attention, the shy girl walked right into someone and was about to let out a quiet apology.

Then, she saw who was in front of her and immediately shut her mouth, bluebell eyes widening in horror.

Adrien Agreste stood there with a sheepish smirk plastered on his face and a rose in his hand.

   He held out the beautiful flower to Marinette before asking, "Would the lovely princess do me the honors and go with this dashing prince to the ball?"

{+}{+}{+}