Chapter 13: She's your Mom not mine..

Andre Brown:

"Hi Lisa .." I said with a nervous deep breath, she rolled her eyes completely ignoring me. I frowned, she and I were okay yesterday when she was at my house.

"Boy don't talk to me nobody likes you here." She said making the people around her laugh.

"But.." I started. "I thought-"

"Boy get yo dirty ass on this my girl." Jayceon said his arm over her shoulder. He was bigger than I was, he was captain of both the basketball and football team he had scholarships lined up he was a meal ticket for the women around here and he could even rap. He pushed me back into the lockers as he walked past me with Lisa and some other people laughing.

Lisa was the only person who gave me the time of day since I moved to Seattle. I didn't know anybody and I wasn't good at being social it set off my anxiety so people thought I was weird.

I laid low for the rest of the day, until I was walking past the bathroom and I heard a loud slap and a girl start crying. "Man shut up! I told you stop tellin me what you not gone do!" I heard Jayceon yell and I rushed into the bathroom seeing him stand over her.

"Aye man get away from her." I said pushing him back.

"Mind yo business before you get beat the fuck up Andre." He said getting in my face looking down on me. I looked up at him not backing away from the fight my fists balled ready to fight if I needed to.

"I said leave her alone." I repeated

"Dre it's fine go." Lisa said getting up off the ground and she tried to pull me back and I snatched my arm out her grip not budging.

"I ain't gone hurt his little ass, next time moms your business or we gone have some issues bruh." He said pushing past me making his way out the bathroom.

"You okay?" I asked turning to Lisa.

"Why did you do that? Especially after what I did to you earlier?"

"I think that you're gorgeous, and I understand wanting to fit in. High school is a hell." I said as I used a wet paper towel to clean her bloody lip.

"You're a good guy Andre."

"Hello? Andre did you hear me?" Lisa asked regaining my attention.

"Yeah, I'll talk to the kids tonight and we will see you Friday morning?"

"Yea that's fine, thank you for not keeping them away." She said and I nodded.

"Is that a bruise Lisa?" I asked looking closely at her make up covered face.

"What?" She asked confused

"On your cheek is that a bruise?" I asked her again.

"Uh no I don't know what it is but I know it isn't a bruise I'll look at it later." She answered quickly

"Is he hitting you Lisa?" I asked stepping in front of her.

"No Andre I'm fine." She replied