Chapter 14: If I were A Boy

Zanovia Knowles:

"Andre did you hear me?" I asked. "Hunter and Kai no!" I shouted at them as they threw punches back and forth at each other. When those two fight? They fight. Kai fought like a little boy now thanks to Hunter.

"Yeah babe I heard you, you cookin tonight at your place?" He asked I looked at my phone at him squinting my eyes.

"You must want this red button." I said

"Stop Kai I said no!" Hunter said pushing her, and Kai balled her fist and punched him in his face and the fists started flying again.

"What?" Dre asked

"Hunter and Kai been fighting all damn day and you want me to cook something? Imma beat y'all muh fuckin asses! Let me say stop again!" I shouted at them making them both stop throwing punches. "Go to y'all rooms until your father gets here." I said sternly and they both poured slowly exiting the living room.

"Need to join a football team whole damn office heard you." Andre said looking around making me laugh. "I'm on my way gorgeous."

"I look a mess right now, this is my worst day." I said rolling my eyes.

"That's crazy, how you look so perfect on your worst days Nov?" He asked and I looked at him not even hiding how he made me blush.

"Hurry up and get here Andre."

"Don't say it like you want me to do that to you." He said with a smirk as he exited the building.

"Maybe I do." I replied biting my bottom lip, he was so damn fine I couldn't get over that still.

"Zanovia." He said with a chuckle.

"Yeah?" I replied with an innocent smile.

"You got one more time." He warned

"Mommy?" Hunter said coming around the corner.

"Yes baby?"

"We sorry we gone be good we promise." Kai said laying her head on Hunter's shoulder.

"Okay come here babies." I said patting the couch.

"I'll be there in 20." Dre said

"Okay baby." I replied before I hung up the phone. Hunter sat on one side and Kai sat on the other. "Y'all gotta stop fighting like that what the hell is wring with y'all fist fighting like y'all on the streets?" I asked looking back and forth between the two.

"Cause she be hitting me first she punched me in my face and all I did was say no she can't play my game."

Zanovia chuckled shaking her head, "Because daddy said if somebody tells me no then they mean they don't love me because I'm a princess and they supposed to say yes." Kai replied reminding me of myself when I was her age.

"Brat." Hunter grumbled shaking his head.

"Punk."

"Yo mama." Hunter replied and Kai grabbed him by his curls as her body reached across me.

"Woah woah!" I said pulling her back forcing her back on her side of the couch.