Chapter 17: Blast From the Past

Zanovia Knowles:

I woke up to someone knocking on the door. Just as I was about to move to get up a pair of tattooed arms wrapped around me. "The police here?" He asked his morning voice made me shiver a little. The events from last night running through my mind made me smile, we went back to the penthouse away from the apartment because our friends kept being nosey.

"I'm pretty sure it isn't the police."

"I'm from the hood you can't be knocking on people door like that." He said as he got up throwing the blanket off of him.

"Where you goin?" I asked sitting up

"To see who banging on the door like they own the whole neighborhood." He said as he made his way out of my bedroom, I got up following behind him. The banging stopped as he Andre unlocked the door pulling it open. "Man who are you?" Andre asked

"I'm Leon is Zanovia here?" He responds, it had been a while since I had been in contact with him. I had canceled on him to stay home with Andre and I hadn't reached out since.

"Yeah I-"

"Don't wanna talk to you." Andre finished my sentence for me.

"I didn't realize you had a boyfriend." Leon said. "Look man I wasn't tryina cause no problems, I just wanted to see why you hadn't returned my calls." He said to me. I had been distracted, in a good way. Hanging out with my best friends and Andre, taking caring of Kai and Hunter. Leon had became a distant memory so fast until today.

"You need to leave." Andre said calmly

"Do you want me to leave?" Leon asked me

"Yes she does." Dre spoke up

"Just leave Leon." I said

"Okay, I'll call you Zanovia." He said backing away from the door.

Dre closed and locked the door, "He gone call you and Angel gone answer, I'm snitching." He mumbled as he pulled his phone from the pocket of his basketball shorts.

"I won't answer come get back in the bed Andre." I said softly chuckling.

"You promise?" He asked and I nodded. He picked me up and I giggled as he carried me back into the bedroom. I closed the door, behind us and Andre laid me down in the bed climbing on top of me in the process.

"We gotta get up and get ready and go get the kids ready baby we haven't even packed yet."

"Shut up and let me hold you Zanovia." His deep voice responded making me completely speechless. He laid next to me and his arms scooped me up again making me snuggle my face into his neck again. "You could use some rest too, go to sleep." His breathing got shallow within minutes, and I allowed myself to relax In his arms. I didn't need to talk to Leon, Andre was the man I needed. His hand rubbed on my ass making me eventually fall back to sleep.

Andre Brown:

"Come on Kai, we need to get this over with so we can be on our way to Paris baby." I said getting out of my all red Camaro I had just put a down payment on last week, I figured why not keep the red going? The all red Mercedes Zanovia got me looked good next to my all red Camaro.