Chapter 23: Little White Lies

Andre Brown:

"You all good man?" Josh asked as I tossed back another shot.

"Yeah man." I replied shrugging him off.

"You gone lie to me like that man? I'm yo brother." He asked, we were at Zanovia's Album Release Listening Party. We had finished her new album and everybody was excited because she hadn't dropped music in a while.

"I'm just ready to go back to my apartment man." I admitted.

"What's goin on?" He asked sitting on the stool next to me.

"Just too much goin on man." I looked around

"Hey Andre, Zanovia told me you were a producer maybe we should work together if I like what I hear from Zanovia's new album." I was looking at Sevyn Streeter and although I was a fan I got pissed off. She walked away and I looked over at Josh.

"She said what?" Josh asked. "Why would she lie like that?"

"Two people asked me to model their clothes because Zanovia said I was a model. Why can't I just be the broke nigga I am that work as maintenance and apple tech?" I asked confused with what was wrong with me.

"Man I don't know don't let it get to you she just excited. You multitalented and technically she ain't lie. You produced her album, you just got done designing and modeling with Rihanna one of the hottest women in the game. That contract says you ain't broke man, ya know?"

"I only did that because Zanovia wanted me to, that money is going into a savings account for Kai and Hunter I'm not touching that." I replied. "This not who I am Josh."

"So what you gone do about that Andre? This is who Zanovia is, welcome to her world. Where rumors are glorified, celebrities are gods, and money is your best friend. You gotta love all of her not just parts of her." He said patting my back before he got up leaving me at the bar alone.

"Can I get another round man." I said tossing a fifty dollar bill on the counter.

"Hey you okay?" A familiar island voice asked, I looked over at Rihanna sitting next to me.

"Yeah I'm all good." I replied as the bartender sat my shit glasses down in front of me.

"Where's Zanovia?" She asked

"Working." I replied

"You don't say much do you? One word replies are your thing."

"Just not into being social." I said keeping it short. I didn't want Zanovia getting jealous again so I did little to no communication with females around me. That made her feel better so I just gave into it, and the more I drank the more I realized how much of myself I had compromised in these past two weeks alone. Her voice blared through the speakers, the first song of her album I Am... Sasha Fierce began to play.

My anxiety was really getting the best of me, there was too much going on around me. It felt like the room was spinning, I put my face in my hands closing my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped, "I forgot you were there, I'm sorry tell Zanovia I'm back at the hotel." I said getting up from the bar.