Chapter 24: Halo

Andre Brown:

Unknown: You okay? (1:34 PM)

Who is this? (1:35 PM)

Unknown: Rihanna, Nov used my phone to call you last night just checking on you. (1:36 PM)

I read the message and didn't reply I locked my phone and sat it back down on my lap. I watched Zanovia on the TV in her dressing room, she was doing an interview with Ellen.

I chuckled as Ellen sat back down after trying to do some dance. Nov laughed shaking her head, "So again I asked Justin this yesterday and I have very little time do I need to get my bridesmaids dress ready for you and Andre's wedding?" She asked

Zanovia busted out laughing, "I am not engaged." My phone buzzed again and I picked it up looking at the message on my screen.

Unknown: It's rude to read messages and not reason Andre I'll leave you alone I can take a hint. (1:43 PM)

I purposely opened the message so she know I read it and locked my phone sitting it back down, Zanovia came through the dressing room door. I stood up as she walked into my arms.

"You think you not engaged." I said making her laugh. "Andre Jr should be making his way soon." I placed my hand on her stomach and the smile on her face grew even more.

"I hope so, you wanna join me after the commercial break?" She asked

"No thank you." I said

"But please?"

"I really don't want to baby."

"You don't have to say anything, please it's my birthday." She reasoned and I knew she wouldn't let this go. I didn't feel like dealing with her attitude today so I decided to give in.

"Alright Nov." I replied making her squeal, we had one more week in Paris and this didn't feel like much of a vacation anymore. I dreaded coming here, I hated that I let her talk me into this or fuck me into this? I don't know but here I was again too weak for a woman I couldn't put myself first.

"Come on baby." She said pulling me out the dressing room by my hand.

"My phone is in the dressing room Nov." I say

"Let them get you ready and I'll go back and get your phone." She said, "He needs a microphone." She said to a stage manager.

"Yes ma'am." He replied motioning for me to follow him and I did so.

Zanovia Knowles:

I walked back into the dressing room scanning the room for Andre's phone, but I heard it vibrate on the table. I picked it up looking at the message on the screen.

Unknown: You know we can be friends right? It's not against the law to have friends of the opposite sex. Don't let Zanovia control you like that. 😂 (2:04 PM)

I raised an eyebrow making my way out the dressing room. "Where they go?" I asked my southern accent couldn't help but deep through cause I was pissed. He pointed near the curtains and I seen Andre nodding his head. I sped over there pushing him the moment I got close enough to.