Chapter 42: Hunter & Kai

Zanovia Brown:

"AJ I said no!" I shouted popping his hand as he reached for the cup on the table again. His lip quivered, I squinted my eyes at him I hated how much he looked like Andre because I couldn't even be mad at him like how I wanted. "No don't start that bullshit-"

"Ma ma!" He said as the tears started he held his arms out for me as he waddled over to me.

"Awww baby." I say picking him up and he immediately laid his head on my shoulder. He front door opened and my parents came into the mansion Andre had finished building for us a year ago on our one year anniversary.

"Zanovia?" I heard Andre whisper, I looked at the digital clock on the nightstand, 4:22 AM.

"Andre boy.." I chuckled like the crazy bitch he knew I could be.

"Baby just get up." He mumbled, he had been coming home late every night. The company with Marcus, Josh, and Dylan had took off and they were already making millions from apps Andre created.

"No get in this bed rub this ass and go to bed." I say and before I knew it I felt my ankle being grabbed and I was being slid down the bed. He grabbed me by my neck as his face got close to mine.

"I'm not gone say it again Zanovia get up." He mumbled against my lips, and I nodded. He stepped back and I got up out the bed like he said, he helped me put on a hoodie and jogging pants. He wrapped his arm around my waist picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked out the room, and down the hall into Kai's room.

He turned her light on, and she popped up. "Come on dad!" She yelled laying back down putting the pillow over her head.

"Let's go." He said pulling her blanket off of her. He picked her up and her legs wrapped around him as well and he carried both of us into Hunter's room. He was already up. He was holding AJ in his arms. "Why you up?" Dre asked

"I didn't want AJ to wake mom up she ain't been getting no sleep." He replied

"Come on son." Andre said.

After Hunter put his shoes on, we were all out the apartment. Andre carrying me and Kai, Hunter carrying AJ. "Dad what's wrong?" Kai asked as he put us in the car.

Once he got in he started the car pulling off, "Nothing." Andre replied vaguely

"Is it crack Andre?" I asked

"What?"He replied confused

"Is that what you on? Why you got me out this bed at 4 in the morning?" I asked. He ain't say nothing and I shook my head, the ride was quiet, I eventually dozed off.

"Mommy." Kai shook me and I woke up looking around immediately.