Chapter 51: Media Pt. 1

Leeyah Fischer:

"You alright?" Lisa asked sticking her head in my office. I sighed leaning back in my seat, "We still not there yet? Still not talking to me?" She asked

I stayed silent for a second, "I have a hard time letting people in." I admitted. "I also have a hard time letting grudges go. Andre didn't deserve what you did to him-"

"But he's happier with Zanovia than he ever was with me." She rebuttals walking into my office, she closed the door behind her. "I know what I did was wrong but come on Leeyah now we have AJ and another baby on the way, and look at how I've grown as a person."

"Which is why I don't not like you anymore, but at the same time why are you letting Andre take the blame for this?" I asked

"Do you want to see Andre upset? Have you seen Andre upset?" She asked me and I thought back, I had never really seen Andre like really upset about anything.

"No I guess not."

"You don't want to, he's smart Leeyah he somehow always manages to make things better." She explained. "I literally put my life in his hands and he made it better and I can't even explain how you know? He trusts that you can get him out of this, and so do I."

"Yeah see what if I can't? Then everybody is gonna be mad at me, the pressure is killing me."

"No one's gonna be mad at you, as long as you know you tried your hardest everybody will still love you. Everything ain't gotta be perfect all the time Leeyah, everything with you has to be perfect and if it's not you feel like you won't be accepted but it's okay to make mistakes, that's how we learn. Stop stressing, and don't overthink the trial is tomorrow and you've managed to get things your way. I'd say you're doing a good job."

"Aryn was right." I said chuckling

She rolled her eyes, "What he say now?" She asked like she was irritated.

"Just that you were fixing his perspective on life, whatever you're doing to him it's working and my parents are happy." I say. "I'm happy too." I admitted, I had actually grown to like Lisa she'd seen the better side of my little brother and brought it out of him. They weren't together and she was somehow still managing to shape him into a better man or she made him want to be a better man. I had my doubts about Aryn but he was really trying and maybe just maybe I would get him out of trouble as well.

"I'm just trying to be a good friend." She says

"Did you and Trey decide what y'all were naming him?" I asked referring to her four month old belly.

4 Months Earlier...

Lisa Brown:

"You look amazing." Trey said as I opened the door, I stepped to the side allowing him inside. I closed the door behind him locking it.

"What you invite yourself over here for Tremaine?" I asked, for the last three months Trey and I had seen each other every single day. Some days we would only see each other for ten minutes and sometimes we spend days together.