Nightmares

Mentions of suicide

There was the sound of a door creaking open slowly. No one else was supposed to be home so I got a bit scared. It was probably just a draft. I covered my self in my blankets even more and tried to get to sleep but the sound of stomping stopped me. I poked my head up to look around and saw a faint silhouette in the doorway. I gasped slightly and covered myself in my blankets even more and looked over the back of the sofa, they were still there.

"H-hello?" I asked stuttering slightly.

There was no answer. The lights came back on and then the person disappeared from the doorway, I looked around and then saw my boyfriend Ben sitting at the table, holding something. I got up and went to him.

"Ben? Baby are you OK?"

He turned to face me and then stood up pointing the gun at his head.

"Ben?! Baby what are you doing?" I asked almost in a loud whisper.

"you deserve so much better."

His face wasn't the deep British voice I knew and loved, it was however disoriented, almost like a robot.

"what do you mean?"

"I'm not good enough for youu."

"stop saying that, I could ask for a better person in my life."

"you're lying, I know that you don't love me."

"no Ben, of course I love you. I love you so fucking much."

I tried to grab his arm but he stoppedback and cocked the gun.

"baby why are you doung this?"

"you won't have to suffer anymore, ill be out of your way now."

"Ben... I."

He then pulled the trigger, causing me to let out a shriek as his limp body collapsed to the floor. I collapsed down next to him and put my hand on the side of his face.

"ben!"

I felt tears swell up at the back of my eyes and they eventually dripped down my face falling into Ben's blood that was mixed into his beautiful blonde hair.

"Ben..."

-

I suddenly jolted up, I looked around and I was in bed. Ben sitting next to me holding my hand and rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"baby, you're ok."

He pulled me into his chest and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"what happened baby."

"I-I don't W-W-want to talk a-about it."

"OK then."

We laid back down and he pressed his lips to my forehead and running his hand through my hair. I wrapped my arms around him tighter, scared he would leave me.

"I love you Ben."

"I love you too Joey."

He planted another kiss on my forehead and we fell back asleep.

These night terrors had been happening the past few nights and ben was always by my side, comforting me and making sure I was Ok.

Yee, I hope you liked this. 👌😘