Two

At the dinner table, Gabriel was calmly eating his cake, that was mostly just icing. Redmond had been quiet all of dinner: it was slightly unusual, as he would at least compliment his wife's cooking. 

"Scarlet, I have news on your piloting skills," Redmond began, "you have got your mother's talent." Her mother had began to train Scarlet a year after her brother was born, she took that into consideration with the compliment. 

Scarlet only nodded, as she was not sure where he was leading to.

"Just yesterday, my good friend Brendol Hux would like to see if you qualify for a position in the First Order." Redmond said, looking up from his cake to see her reaction.

Scarlets' eyes went wide, My piloting skills?  For the First Order? She thought, then smiled ever so slightly, beginning to have a happiness overload, "That's- That's brilliant! Father, I... I-" out of her flustered mess, her mother cut in. 

"Yes, but the path is dangerous- you'll end up possibly dead to do this." Jasmine said, worry dripping from her voice. Gabriel just sat, visibly agreeing at his mothers concern: it was a dangerous profession, everyone knew that.

"Mother, it's my dream! I-I could be apart of the First Order pilots!" Scarlet exclaimed, shaking from excitement, her fork trembling until it fell out of her hand. 

Redmond nodded, her lips almost smiling, feeling the most joy he could feel, "Well, it's been decided! My daughter is gonna be apart of the First Order!" He exclaimed, slightly tearing up, his wife leaving into him, "You'll be able to meet another that will be apart of the First Order! Armitage Hux!" He exclaimed, visibly beginning to shake out of excitement.

Scarlet gave a soft smile, having heard about him during the lessons on current members of the New Order. Armitage was born a year after her, so she was only a year older than him, so there shouldn't be many disagreements- given they grew up in the same environment as he did. The next few weeks she knew she had to train.

It was nine o'clock of the next day, and Scarlet had been up since six to practice her flying in her ship, Free Fall, a VCX-100 ship her father got for her that was originally his. 

She had gotten home at nine, knowing her brother would be waking up around this time, and her parents would wake up at around dinner time because it was the weekend, so they worked late into the night. 

Gabriel walked out of their shared room, yawning and rubbing his eyes. His light ginger hair messy, his faux bangs were all over the place on his call head, his stripped blue pajamas were baggier than any member of the Carmine family would like to admit. 

Scarlet smiled, putting some toast in the toaster as she got out a bottle of flavored water. The flavor was something like watermelon, just with a different name and shape. 

"Morning, little brother." She greeted, smirking softly as Gabriel began to get irritated by being called 'little'- even though he wasn't even 1.2 meters yet. 

"I'm not little! I'm a big boy, now! I'm eight!"

"And I'm fifteen, remember? You're not even the average height for your age, yet!"

"So?! I'm still a big boy now- I used a plastic knife the other day for my toast!"

It was then the toaster went off, and there was a knock at the door.

"Alright, go get dressed, Gabey, I'll answer the door." Scarlet told him, Gabriel rushing off to get dressed as his sister went to the door and answered, and a pale red figure stood there in a white shirt and a dark cyan blue skirt. "You're wearing pants! And a long-sleeved shirt!" exclaimed the figure. 

Scarlet nodded, opening the door to invite her in.

Ruqa gladly accepted, walking in the door with black flats on, one nearly falling off is how Scarlet noticed this, and wondered if she should offer a pair of her shoes.

"Yeah, I have the privilege to wear this while flying." Scarlet said, her formality was perfect but it wasn't time for being formal: it was time to 'relax'.

Ruqa giggled, nodding, "I don't like pants- they never fit me right! Skirts are just there, and if they don't fit then get a belt!"

Scarlet shrugged, not understanding why she wouldn't just use a belt for her pants if they nearly fit right. Maybe it just hadn't occurred to her that she could do that. "I actually prefer pants, just skirts look more suitable due to me keeping my hair long, at least that's what father says." She admitted. Her father didn't want Scarlets hair cut short, so she kept her hair long- it was rather wavy, similar to her mother. Her hair was currently up in a high ponytail, not really looking like how Scarlet normally looked, but that was alright for her.

Ruqa seemed to remember that she interrupted the previous conversation, "Sorry for interrupting your brother and your conversation- I didn't mean to!" 

"Why do you keep apologizing? I didn't think it was of the Zeltron culture to apologize so much." Scarlet asked, suddenly intrigued by it.

Ruqa froze in her tracks of going to the couch. Scarlet realized she'd struck a nerve, immediately wishing she hadn't said anything.

"I... It's a long story-"

"Sisssssyyyy! I found- who's that?!" Gabriel came in, holding a chocolate bar in his hand, wearing  his new blue suit with a black tie.

"Ruqa, this is my brother, Gabriel Redmond Carmine- Gabriel, meet Ruqa Io Nervi." Scarlet introduced, sitting down on the red velvet couch, nodding beside her to signal someone to sit by her, Ruqa took the spot with Gabriel beside his sister in a matching red chair.

"So, you're the one who interrupted my party?" Gabriel asked, raising an eyebrow, not shaking hands because he wasn't used to that.

"Yeah- sorry! It was mostly my father, though!" Ruqa said in a distressed voice, her hands raised and shaking slightly, Scarlet gave a signal that told Gabriel to apologize immediately, knowinhe had been raised better.

"Sorry, Ruqa..." came from the youngest, looking out the window to the floor emotionlessly.

Ruqa nodded, telling him it was alright in the sweetest voice, much like a mother's voice.

"What is needed? You came here for a reason, yes?" Scarlet asked, suddenly curious at what brought her here- guessing it was a 'hang out' session. 

"I wanted to hang out! Maybe go into the woods, explore some!" Ruqa answered, smiling happily and her voice full of emotion: unlike most of the household members.

"I wanna explore, too!" Gabriel chirped in, his face and force filled with childish wonder, something that almost made Scarlet smiled.

Scarlet looked between the two of them, thinking this over- if they all explored, it'd be good bonding time and possibly getting to know the newcomer better. It would be wise to have allies, or friends as Ruqa would describe, while she would soon endure hardship and pain due to her possibly being a pilot in the First Order.

"Alright... get some clothes that can be messed up. We'll meet back here at 9:30."

Word Count: about 1156

A/N: 

Alright, hope you enjoyed the chapter! I don't have much to say about this one- but I finally updated on a Wednesday! 

I'm using the metric system for this fiction because that's what most of the world, and the Star Wars  Universe, if it is requested enough I'll do conversions!

Hope you enjoyed, see you next week!