Chapter 10

"I- Oh..!...I... Uh...." The more Dylan tried saying actual English words the more trouble he had speaking. Cynthia's eyes widened.

"I- Maybe I shouldn't have said that," Cynthia said. She sounded a bit panicked. Dylan pleaded for his brain to work. It was like trying to get the last bit of toothpaste out of one that was almost empty.

"I...Uh...Wh.." Dylan stuttered.

"I- I said that c-cause You said somethin' really embarrassin' earlier!," Cynthia shouted. Her whole face was now red. She put her hand on her arm and rubbed it anxiously. "S-So I-I just thought it'd be fair to say that!" Dylan was still floored, unable to even say anything. Cynthia groaned loudly. "J-Jeez....I-... Ugh!" Cynthia shook her head. "Sorry... I'm not even speakin' straight. This is the first...date I've ever had.... so....! P-Please don't run away!"

"Wai-.." Dylan spoke as if he came out of the ocean to gasp for air. "Wait- Wait, wait, wait," His brain hung on that word for a while. Dylan started repeating the word again and again until his brain re-adjusted to reality. Once his brain finally remembered the rest of the English language, he spoke another word. "What?!" Cynthia was startled.

"W-what is it?!"Cynthia shouted.

"What do you mean first date ever?!"

"...What...?" Cynthia tilted her head in confusion. Dylan wasn't making any sense anymore. He took a deep breath. He needed to calm down. He made a short mantra in his head: 'Breathe in, breathe out.' There we go, he thought.

"I just thought that..." Dylan spoke again. "guys would be...y'know..." His nerves got the better of him instantaneously.

"Guys would be...?" Cynthia asked.

"Guys would be asking you out left and right, y'know? You... C-Cause you're you." Dylan said. Cynthia's eyes widened.

"I-Did you- Did you ju- did you just- indirectly call me cute?" Cynthia asked.

Both of their faces turned red.

"I- WAIT- I- NO, THAT'S NOT-!" Dylan said, putting his hands out and shaking both them and his head.

"THAT IS WHAT YOU MEANT!" She pointed at him. "YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT OTHERWISE!"

"I WASN'T THINKING! I JUST SAID IT, I-"

"I- I..! NO! LISTEN! I APPRECIATE THE COMPLIMENT. TH-THANKS, MAN!" Cynthia shouted.

"UHH--?!"

"THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT!"

"I- YOU'RE...WELCOME..!"

"CAN YOU GIVE ME A SECOND?" Cynthia shouted.

"WHY!?"

"THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE CALLED ME CUTE I NEED A MINUTE!"

"OKAY! I UNDERSTAND! TAKE YOUR TIME!

"OKAY!"

"OKAY!"

"Will you two STOP SHOUTING!" A passerby teacher shouted. The two of them stiffened up immediately then went as far away as possible from each other while still sitting on the same bench.

After a while, the tension around the two started to loosen up a bit. The two were silent for a while. Dylan glanced at his phone. It was now 3:39. Only nine minutes passed?! How!? Dylan felt his internal screaming take flight once again.

"We both got really flustered there," Cynthia suddenly spoke up. Dylan turned his head to her and noticed that she was smiling, almost giggling to herself. "It's good to know that you're as nervous as I am."