9 pm

Soojung felt comfortable enough hiding behind her mask to allow herself to smile like a fool. He drove her crazy, but she never let it show, and she tried her hardest not to let him know just how much of an influence he had on her. Soojung was a grown woman and her own person, after all, and her life experiences had taught her she had to be strong, independent, and rely on absolutely nobody but her closest family members. The truth, however, was that she loved him so much. So much she couldn't even begin to describe her feelings for him when her close friends or her sister asked. It went beyond just dating... Jongin was her best friend, her lover, and her soulmate all in one. How on Earth had she gotten so lucky?

She shook her head laughing when she realized just how emotional and sensitive she'd gotten. Fortunately for her, the concert was good, and it almost took her mind off of her reality. True escapism, indeed. And not just her: everyone in the crowd seemed to be having the time of their lives, so she decided to seize that moment.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick" Soojung whispered to her friend before getting up from her seat. The boys were in the middle of an electric group performance and the whole crowd seemed to have their eyes glued to the stage, so it was the perfect time for her to take a break. Soojung swiftly made her way to the furthest toilet, the one she thought would be the least crowded, and she was right: all of the stalls were completely empty, and there was no one there but her. She was washing her hands with her back to the door, just about to leave, and everything was going according to plan, when...

"Jung Soojung-ssi?" Soojung heard a female voice speaking to her in Korean, in a tone so quiet she almost thought she'd imagined it.

But she hadn't. She could feel the girl's presence behind her. There was definitely someone there.

Soojung froze in her spot, her hands still under the running water, wondering what to do next. Should she ignore her and pretend she never heard her? Should she turn around and tell her she got the wrong name, that it wasn't her? How on Earth had this girl managed to recognize her anyway? She looked the complete opposite of how she usually did.

"Jung Soojung-ssi, is that really you?" The girl talked to her in Korean once more. This time, however, there was something different in her voice. Soojung interpreted it as a form of longing or despair, and something (her gut feeling, maybe?) told her she had to come clean.

"Ne, it's me" Soojung responded in Korean as well. She tried to turn around as calmly as possible, although it felt like her heart was racing for its life. What to do next?

"Eotteoke?" The girl mumbled and took a deep breath. "Joesong haeyo. I'm Lee Eunhye, nice to meet you", she bowed. "I'm Korean-American, just like you. But I think it's better if we speak in Korean, so there's a smaller chance people will understand what we're saying. Is it okay?"

She looked visibly nervous but also excited to be in Soojung's presence. Soojung, on the other hand, was frozen in the spot. Of all the places and situations she thought she might be recognized in...this scenario wasn't even listed. She limited herself to nodding to everything the girl was saying and prayed nobody would enter the toilet.

"I'm so sorry to approach you this way". She continued. "It's just that...I am a huge f(x) fan."

Okay, Soojung definitely wasn't expecting that.

"I never in a million years would've thought I'd be able to meet you here. But I had a hunch it was you, and I just had to make sure. f(x) is my favorite group in the whole world. Jeongmal kamsahamnida. For everything". She humbly bowed again.

"Gwaenchanha". Soojung was moved by her words. Still, one thing baffled her. "How did...How did you manage to recognize me? Is this outfit not working? Do I look like myself?"