2 | addy, queen of disaster

It's been about two days since the pleasant encounter I had at the coffee shop. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this man's intriguing ways and those mysterious yet piercing blue eyes. But, today is another day.

I take a quick look at my phone and it reads 8:30 a.m. Instead of getting up right away like the responsible adult I should be, I begin to scroll through Tik Tok, the app that has literally been devouring my time management skills from the very the moment I downloaded it.

I try to shake the thoughts of the man of whom I still do not know the name of out of my head. I sit up straight, facing forward in my bed with the sunlight peaking through the white curtains hanging above the window. I live in a dorm with my roommate, named Heidi, who is one of my very good friends. I have yet to tell her about the events that took place two days ago, and I kind of feel like a horrible friend. But...it wasn't even entirely my fault. Even if everything seemed to be going well, it could always take another direction.

Averting my attention towards her, she seems to still be asleep even though the sunlight should be waking her up by now. I don't blame her though. She was up studying late last night for her math test that takes place later on. It's an evening class, so I believe that she should still have some time to prepare for it.

I get out of bed with a grunt and place my bare feet onto the cold wooden floor. I am pleasantly surprised as a quick shiver erupts from within my core. The mornings are still a bit chilly, but for the most part, I don't mind.

I walk over to my closet, carefully opening the old, creaky wooden doors to avoid waking Heidi up and I start to scavenge out an outfit to wear for the day.

I pull out some distressed black jeans and a fuzzy pastel pink sweater with long bell-cut sleeves. I also pull out a bra and some fresh underwear as well.

I fold the clothes and make stride toward the bathroom that Heidi and I both share. Her stuff, as usual, is scattered along the counter, leaving minimal space to work with. Scooting some of her perfumes and makeup aside, I sit the clothes down and get ready to take a shower. My haven for contemplating about life.

A few minutes pass and all of sudden, I hear the loud vibrations coming from my phone sitting atop the wooden nightstand. "Oh shit" I mumble as I scurry out of the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around me. Heidi turns and faces the opposite way, still sleeping soundly in her own way. She starts to snore lightly. I quickly pick up the phone and accept the call from what appears to be Lukas.

"Hello?" I answer, returning to the bathroom. I shut the door and put Lukas on speaker so I can get dressed.

"Heyy, Addy," Lukas says tiredly. "Sorry to bother you this early, but I need you to come in for work today. Ada called in sick. Says she woke up with a sore throat and a temp."

"Uh, really?" I groan as I slip on my pair of pants and study my hair.

"Can't someone else cover for her?" I whine. "I was really hoping that I'd have at least one day off this week."

"Listen, I know, I'm sorry," Lukas replies, sounding a little distressed. "I'll make it up to you."

"Hmm, and just what will you do?" I inquire while slipping on the pink sweater. I take Lukas off of the speaker and press the phone to my ear as I walk back to the bedroom, nearing my vanity with a jewelry compartment along with a few makeup sets.

"I don't know yet," he huffs into the phone. "But it'll be good. Don't worry, A."

I roll my eyes in response, as if he could see. "What time do you need me to be there?"