SCARED TO BE LONELY

Relationship goals, life goals, all the hashtags that you see in social media whenever you see a happy couple

Relationship goals, life goals, all the hashtags that you see in social media whenever you see a happy couple. It may be lovely to watch considering that they've already found "The One" for them, especially at a young age.

Here you are, swiping through your phone, watching memes on Facebook while lying on that couch until Spotify shuffled a sad song as you see a happy couple in social media.

And now you're asking yourself, "when will I be in that situation?" with a large frown on that face.

It's always a common question for singles- there will be a lot of why's, how's, and when popping in their minds whenever they see a happy couple posting in social media. And that's how dating apps were created.

Imagine that you're going to enter a relationship through an application! Hey, wake up! That's not how life works!

You may be downloading that app right now but before you launch it, ask yourself: "do I want a relationship because I want to share my love with someone? Or am I just scared to be lonely?".

Sorry to say this but: that's the truth that is hard to swallow: you are lonely, you are alone. But hey, you are not alone (ironic), everyone IS alone. We are born to be independent. So why do you need to depend on your happiness to someone? Why would you depend on your love for your partner?

The main reason why we enter a relationship is not to be happy, but to share our happiness with someone we love- that's the true purpose of a relationship

The main reason why we enter a relationship is not to be happy, but to share our happiness with someone we love- that's the true purpose of a relationship. What's the point of having a relationship if you're not happy with yourself? It will just end up ruining the relationship- much worse, it might make the relationship toxic.

Leslie Doares, a certified relationship coach in North Carolina, once said that one of the reasons why breakup is common to people nowadays is because they're scared to be alone! This is also one of the reasons why toxic relationships still work because both people are scared to be lonely.

So, why are you afraid of being alone? You can do a lot of things when you're single! If you just had a breakup, instead of immediately finding someone who is better than your ex, why not focus on making yourself better?

In the end, it will all be about you, your life is your story, you are the main character in it, don't waste that story by depending on someone whom you thought will make you happy!

Lucky for you because you can spend a lot of time for yourself since you're not with someone (sorry for those couples though!).

So instead of downloading that dating app for your next relationship, why not spend most of your time doing things that can improve you like: studying, trying new things, working out, partying- do everything just to make yourself happy!

Enjoy yourself of being lonely, because you have this unrelenting freedom that you can control until you have a relationship. Be happy enough to be lonely until you're already abundant in self-love and happiness.

And you won't know that one day: when Cupid decides to shoot you with his arrow, it won't be difficult for you in entering a new relationship, and you won't know that person is already The One for you.

You won't know that this new relationship will be also your last because you share your happiness with that person, and that person shared back to you- that's when True Love kicks in.

And by the time you're stating your vows in front of many, everything will flash right at you: all those endless moments of being lonely will come to an end, and you'll be grateful enough because you've lived your life fully by the time you were living alone.

Love is something to be shared, not to depend on. 

----------------

About us:

You and I Matter are dedicated create meaningful content that promotes personal growth, creating a positive space, spreading positive vibes and collaborating to get through rough patches.

Join our growing community at:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/youandimatter

Twitter: www.twitter.com/youandimatter

Facebook: www.facebook.com/youandireallymatter

Community: www.facebook.com/groups/youandimatter