𝟎𝟐: 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐘

You woke up with a jolt

But before you could even inhale the next breath of air, the hangover descended like a hailstorm, pummeling the sensitive nerves of your brain with no warning. You released a deep sigh, shielding your eyes with your arm.

Murky images of bodies traipsed in your head, skewed faces morphing into one another yet the distinct picture of ruffled red hair managed to shine so vivid in your memory. What an unpleasant thing to be reminded of first thing in the morning...

Swallowing the nausea from the scent of alcohol still clinging onto your clothes, you opened your eyes again, hooded lids parting to stare at the ceiling. You were still fully clothed in yesterday's attire, but you weren't at your sorority. The pine-scented sheets thrown over you didn't belong to your bed, nor was this room one you considered familiar.

Turning you head languidly, you realised that there were two other people in the room. Strangers, a girl and a guy, haphazardly squeezed onto the bed on the opposite wall with their limps awry. Thankfully, they weren't naked. You were concerned about seeing parts of their body only reserved for frisky nights much like yesterday. But they seemed to also have crashed at the Akatsuki frat just like you did.

With rigid movements, you climbed out of the bed. You exited the room while smoothing your frazzled hair, squinting through your mascara-coated lashes as the sunlight bounced through the hallway.