Escaping Father

Adrien's alarm clock went off and he shifted in his sleep a little, but no luck on waking him up. Plagg woke up from the alarm clock very easily, since cats have very good sense of hearing. His stomach grumbled.

Plagg flew up to Adrien's face and started tugging on his nose. "Adrien. Please give me cheese!"

Adrien looked at the small black kwami as he was tugging at his nose. Adrien rubbed it. "Could you stop that Plagg? Great, now my nose is sore, along with everything else on my body from that akuma attack."

Plagg rolled his eyes and looked at the boy like he was a mouldy piece of cheese. "Listen here kid, your friend is hungry! You want me to survive right?"

"Here take it," Adrien spoke arrogantly as he threw him a piece of camembert cheese.  Plagg started chewing right away without warning. After it got to about half its size, he swallowed the rest.

"Not even a thank you?" Adrien scoffed.

Plagg looked at him with a glare and said "I'll say thank you once my cheese has digested. Cheese takes time!" He huffed and crossed his arms.

"Whatever Plagg." The boy was not happy. He was very groggy and tired from staying up half the night, but he could care less. Adrien got dressed, grabbed 3 pieces of toast. He was just about to head out the door when he heard the sound of something he always dreaded.

"Where do you think you're going?" Gabriel Agreste said coldly. "I thought there was no school today."

"What do you mean no school today?" Adrien was shocked and confused. "Everyone was telling me there was."

"Nope. Doesn't look like it. Your school is striking for some reason I can't recall. I'll try to get to the bottom of it immediately. In the meanwhile, you will be starting lessons with Nathalie until the whole thing is done," he said coldly.

"What? But father, I wanted to go out today after I was done with piano. You can't be serious!" Adrien whined.

Mr. Agreste didn't bother to answer. "Go to your room. Nathalie will be with you when she's ready."

"This is so unfair!" The emerald-eyed boy took his school stuff and slowly trudged up to his room.

When he got up to his room, he flopped on the bed. Only to be startled by a little black kwami before him. "Hey, Adrien! You squished me in your bag," Plagg said arrogantly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that I flopped on my bag. It's just not fare Plagg! He laid his head on his pillow and pouted.

"Well, look on the bright side. You can stay here with me eating cheese," plagg boasted.

Adrien just rolled his eyes and buried his face in his pillow. He was so angry at everything: His father, being isolated, not being able to go to school, and of course not seeing his friends. He looked at the clock which said it was 8:30 am.

Plagg eventually looked sorry for him as he looked at the poor kid. "I'm sorry if I did anything..." The little friend looked like he was going to cry. "I just wanted to help, that's all."

"Plagg, are you crying?" The young boy looked surprised, but sad for him.

"N-no! Of course not! Why would I ever cry?" The small cat looked away for a second to wipe his tears, then he focused his attention back on Adrien, who was still feeling miserable about himself.

"I-I'm sorry! Here, I'll make it up to you." The blonde grabbed the small cat and started rubbing his head.

Plagg started to try to wriggle away. He stopped once he realized he couldn't get out. He enjoyed it in a way. "Keep g-going." The little cat snuggled up against him.

"Okay, Plagg." Adrien was happy that his feline friend was showing some sort of affection. The only thing he thought Plagg cared about was cheese, but he then realized he was wrong. He got startled after hearing three knocks on the door. "Plagg, hide." Adrien tried to whisper as best as he could, and the small feline went back in his bag, still completely flustered.

"I'm ready." Adrien trudged to the door, and turned the knob.