Sneaking out

It wasn't long after Adrien was done his piano and his lessons, but it felt like it lasted for ages. He started lazily moving his foosball table. On the other hand, his feline friend was over on the couch flicking through TV.

"Plagg, I just would want to go out. Just for a little bit. It would mean the world to me! I really want to go see that movie." He looked down and moved the little soccer men slower on his foosball table. He needed some fresh air, even though being a model means a lot of photoshoots, it shouldn't mean that's the only time outside he gets.

"What do you mean go out?" Plagg was chewing on a piece of cheese while lazily laying on the couch.

"What I mean is, we should go see that movie, no matter how hard it is." He looked determined and happy about the direction he was going in. He might be breaking his father's rules, but it was better than nothing.

Plagg took one last big bite of cheese. "How are we going to do that? You're not even allowed out of the house!"

Adrien tapped his chin for a second, then came up with an idea. "Adrien Agreste might not be allowed out of the house, but Cat Noir is. Plagg, Claws out!" Immediately the boy turned right into Cat Noir. He immediately got super confident in himself. He is always like that when he's Cat Noir. It makes him feel like he has a secret identity no one else knows about. It feels amazing in his opinion, like he's been set free by the chains of being a model and living up to his father's expectations.

He took his stick and extended it, to launch from his window out to all the buildings

He took his stick and extended it, to launch from his window out to all the buildings. He went from building to building. He was feeling really good about himself as he went to an alleyway to hide. "Claws in," he said, as Plagg came out and was there before him.

"Ooh! Where are we? I hope we're in a secret room of cheese! W-wait, can I guess again? I think it's a whole palace made out of cheese!" Plagg looked excited.

Adrien rubbed Plagg's head again. "Sorry Plagg but no cheese for you. We're in an alleyway. I just escaped my house." He felt so alive and free. He couldn't even believe it.

Plagg started purring, but snapped out of it right away. "Why? What is your father going to say?" He looked at him like he was a toddler who just did something bad.

"Plagg, don't look at me like that. I don't care. They're probably not even going to notice that I'm gone as long as I'm back by 10:00pm, they'll never notice or care I was there." He felt pride in himself as he said those words. Was this what being free feels like? He grabbed his phone and texted Nino asking him where the group was. He waited for a response, but didn't get one. Adrien started to look sad. "Do you think they forgot about me?"

"Maybe, they could've also silenced their phones because the movie already started." The little being went right back in Adrien's bag, as he was able to fit in there from his small size.

"WHAT?!" Adrien went dashing for the theatre to see if the movie they were watching was playing, but the movie theatre was closed. He stared st his phone, but still no answer from Nino. Adrien sighed, but then decided to text Marinette. While he waited, he grabbed a few grapes from a container he put in his bag, and started eating them.

"What is going on? Would your own friends lie to you like that?" Plagg dug in his bag for more cheese.

Adrien was confused and sad. He felt ignored, and lied to. "I don't think so." He said this even though he wasn't 100% sure himself.