Part 2

Jessy comes to me for advice about everything. And I mean everything. I have to hear him talk about the girls he likes. Girls which, by the way, I think are completely wrong for him! I just can't take it anymore.

I've picked today because we're on a field trip with our art class, so we'll get a little more privacy during lunch (as opposed to the crowded school cafeteria).

That's when I'll let him know my feelings.

Jessy stares out the window as the bus drives down the interstate.

He's wearing a loose fitting knitted cap, a faded Nirvana t-shirt, and brand new jeans. He catches me checking him out.

"I know, they're too perfect. But I can't bring myself to buy jeans with holes already in them." he says to me. I laugh. He has a point.

As the bus pulls up to the art museum, Jessy realizes I'm being a lot more quiet than usual.

He asks me if I'm okay.

"Yeah." I try to sound casual.

Our teacher gets up and quickly starts herding us out of the door before I can say another word.

We all walk up the stairs to the museum as a group, but Jessy and I quickly separate from the rest as soon as we cross the double doors.

He's such an art geek that he is stoked to see an original work by Van Gogh. We bob and weave through the crowd, trying not to kill any priceless artworks.

As we pass by a Greek statue, he says it kind of looks like me. I blush. The statue was beautiful.

We finally find a large room with various paintings, and at the end, we see a large Van Gogh.

We're crammed in the room, waiting for everyone to take their long looks.

My elbow is pressed against Jessy's, and that's the only part of my body I can feel. I start to get nervous all over again.

A few minutes pass and we are in front of the beautiful masterpiece.

Jessy starts pointing out little tidbits about the painting, but I can barely understand what he's saying. My head's in a fog. All I can think about is how he's going to react when I tell him my secret...