Ch. 9: Best Friend

2200 words!!! And I'm sorry guys I'm balancing school and this and my new Shoto x Reader Actor AU! Which I'll be updating as well 💝 please have patience. It's my last year of school and I'm a little behind!
~Lisa

Izuku's POV

We knew it wasn't allowed, but we couldn't care less as we cuddled on (Y/N)'s bed. I looked at her softly. I was honestly surprised when she accepted that I stayed the night. But on a day like today, there can't possibly be anything that surprises me anymore. My face heated up as I thought about how I showered her with kisses this afternoon. I've never really kissed her.. she's always kissing my cheek.. "Izu..?" I looked down at her and smiled softly.
"Yes (N/N)?" She smiled back, before laying her head back down on my chest.

"Happy 3 month anniversary." Her voice was just slightly above a whisper, but I heard it perfectly.
"Happy anniversary.. I love you." And it was true, I didn't need to almost lose her to know. I fell for my best friend at the age of 12, that gave me 3 years to double check over and over. 

"I love you too!" Her voice rang out a bit happier than it had been all day. "And, I don't really care if we wake anyone up." She started getting up and I blushed completely confused. "This song isn't 100% accurate… Cause neither of us have had relationships before us but still.. Jiro was talking to me at lunch and introduced me to a song when I told her about our past. And I really like it. It's called Best Friend! It's by Jason Chen." She smiled, now standing. Her face showed signs of being tired, but she held her hand out nonetheless. I smiled brightly and took her hand, standing. As I fixed my All Might shirt and tried to comb my hair with my hand, she fumbled with her phone. I stopped at her laughing at me, turning towards her I rose a brow.

"Stop that." She scolded smiling before pressing a button on her phone. A happier tune flowed out as she grabbed my hands and brought me to her. My eyes closed as my hands found their positions, I lead her slowly as I tried to focus on the music, yet all I could focus on was the feelings holding her gave. Security, happiness… All I needed was right here. Then there was a sudden knock on the door.
"(Y/N), will you please turn that down? I can't sleep." A voice came from the other side of her door, and without thinking I responded.

"Sorry!" The door flew open and I looked at (Y/N) who smiled at me. Turning my head I saw Momo standing in the door holding her chest.
"Oh, you're just dancing!" She gasped out. "Don't scare me like that!" I scratched my red cheek.
"S-sorry…." I whispered.
"We're not going to do anything stupid, Momo. I've been having nightmares so Izuku's helping change my mood." It wasn't entirely wrong, she had fallen asleep and had a nightmare, I was just already here. The female nodded.
"Well please turn your music down." She smiled and shut the door.

"Momo asked nicely." I cooed to (Y/N)'s solemn face and she grabbed her phone grumbling, and shut the music off. I laughed lightly and kissed her head. "Let's sleep, beautiful." Her face reddened and she was on the bed in a second, head buried in a pillow. I stared dumbfounded for a moment then turned a deep crimson realizing what I called her. Crawling in the bed I hugged her from behind. Imma call her that more often. She needs to remember that she is just that.

I yawned, burrowing my face in her neck as she slept. It was just so hard, I was tired, and having her in my arms made me so secure, yet I just couldn't sleep. There was a nagging in the back of my mind. What time is it? It doesn't matter, seeing the time might only make it harder… I squeezed (Y/N) a little involuntarily, and she cuddled closer to me.

~~

I opened an eye lazily to see (Y/N) looking at me, she quickly looked down. When did I fall asleep? Wait… was she staring? My face reddened at the realization that she was. "G-good morning, beautiful." The words stumbled over each other as they left my mouth. She covered her face, batting at my arm as in to tell me to shush.
"Good morning handsome…." I blushed lightly and brought her closer to me smiling. She peered up at me and I closed my eyes yawning.