○The Fairchild's weren't very socials

The Fairchild's weren't very socials. The family bond was so strong no one even dared to immerse them or have any act of socialisation with them, ever.

Not only the fact that the man of the house, Mr. Fairchild was the mayor of the neighborhood, it didn't took a while for the other citizens, daring to make a fool of themselves or either having the least respect to the man himself.

His wife, Mrs. Fairchild was a beauty. A beauty everyone would be immerse the moment they laid their eyes on her. Her skin silky smooth, you were too scared to touch. Like a doll, in fear of breaking it's skin due to it's delicacy.

Their love story could've been seen straight in a movie or a book if it was intended to be. Their mariage felt like a paradise in Mrs. Fairchild's heart. The two now married couple moved in together with the rest of the family.

The family being small from the start, the thought having kids lightened not only the wife herself but her mother as well. Yet at a young age the relationship between the two women never always felt at ease. Being pretty at young age sure needed it's own rituals. A ritual the mother of Miles's and Flora's would always remind them. Hell, Flora remembered very well her mother's wise words. Being the new generation she knew her responsibility and took then this beautiful gift and was going to do anything to embrace it. Even on her absence.

It wasn't until a little Flora stood in front of her mirror watching her silhouette. Remembering memories like these had emerged herself so much on her own throughs, that she hasn't even seen her brother's presence. To only result in jumping by scare and by the reflection of the mirror seeing Miles standing in her door way. "Miles..."

He didn't even dare to speak and just started at her. "You look really like her..." His tone felt sad and she could feel he has been crying either last night or just a few hours ago. "Our mother."

It was then she realized who her brother could talking about. Did whoever kept hurting him could be her soul..? From what she recalled her mother loved them both. Yes Miles did had his sadistic moments but instead of improving on his behalf's, it only got worse. No get that over your head, Mother would never.

Their conversation ended itself by a knock on their front door. Flora's thrilling expression soon comes to light and walked downstairs and once she opened the door. She was greeting by you. "You accepted!"

How could you not? It has been days since you and Miles both spoke. You had missed seeing his face, hearing his voice. "How is he?" Was the first thing you said as you entered their home.

The smile of Flora fades and your answer was written right before your eyes. "Things has been just... a little hard you know?"

You could only nod while your eyes could clearly see Miles, sneaking in the shadows, the moment he joined in. Not moving an inch, you at least tried to manage, finding ways of making the atmosphere less... awkward as it begins to slowing emerge itself in. Only to be then received with a nod from him.

You had also sense Flora's little moment of hers. Yet hers were the complete opposite. If she had any synonyms to represent herself to many, the word cute would've been the first on her list.

And that was when you were taken by her as she grasps your arm with pure excitement to her room, with your eyes not moving an inch away from Miles's.

"Miles hasn't been the same ever since our parents death... He acted weird ever since the tragic incident... Thought maybe it will ease a bit with you around but it only made things worse."

The fear in Flora's tone when she speaks was enough for you to understand that something wasn't right. "Is he... in his room now?"

She just nods and leads you the way. Once you arrived it felt cold. Colder soon the as your fingers wrapped itself around the door knob. Out of habits your fingers quickly unwrapped itself and with delicacy touched it to be now welcomed with a warm atmosphere.

Once you entered Miles's room, your eyes first looked at it's surroundings. A few instruments here and there, a messy bed and clothes being tossed on the floor. Just a normal teen's room. Yet something felt different... The atmosphere felt now once again cold and unwelcoming. You hated every seconds of it.

"Miles?" You called only to be then surprised by his presence the moment he walks in his own room. "Y/N?"

His eyes remained on yours approaching with a weird expression on his face. As if you sweared in your life, seeing a frown forming itself. "Weren't you with Flora?"

You nervously nods. After all, Miles not showing emotions weren't first news and yet his tension had somehow and always made you nervous. Not only yourself but your brother as well. "I- I came to see if you were okay. Flora called me last week. I began to worry you—-"

"I've been well, what are you even saying?"

Was he... was he even joking? From your memories you had remember damn well he hasn't been answering your calls and also denying all of Flora's affections. Something wasn't RIGHT. "You didn't pick up my calls! I almost had to call the police!"

"I think you should go, Matthew needs you." And he changes the subject, which you were having none of if. "Miles!—"

You could feel a hand grasping your arm and take you by force. You didn't even had to time to explain yourself on your behalf or even have some source of human interaction with the oldest Fairchild.

Flora could only watch with silence the two of you with fear in her eyes. Watching desperately trying to let his hand go from your arm. "You son of a bitch, your hurting my arm let go."

Nothing. Only darkness filled in his eyes, with a look of pure rage. A rage in which Flora had remember seeing very well... Hell she even prayed all of her youth to never see it again.

You on the other hand was being thrown outside of the house. The moment you decided to argue yourself back, a door was being slammed shut right before your eyes.

"Asshole!" Was the only word that came from your mouth exhaling a sigh of frustration, murmuring yourself a few curse before leaving.

Miles stood there. Watching her as she leaves from their house, as his eyes soon distracts themselves on his sister's. "She's gone now." He told her with a soft smile, now walking away from it's darkness.

Flora just didn't bare to look at her brother. She knew it wasn't him. Whoever was talking it wasn't Miles but something else... Glancing at the window one more time, watching the girl leave.

"She was our only hope..."