Last day of summer

Lexi's POV-
Ugh, unfortunately it's the last day of summer! :(. I just wish I had atleast one more day of fun.
"Summer went by so fast" I say to Chrissy as we dip our toes into the lake.
"Yeah, but who knows what junior year will have in store?" Chrissy says as if she is trying to ease my pain.
"Don't remind me!" I cried as I put my head on her shoulder. She chuckles and we look at eachother.
"Promise me we will always stay bestfriends no matter what this school year throws at us?" I ask.
"Of course dummy" Chrissy says as she pokes my button nose.
"Chris! Your father is here!" My mom yells.
"I'll be right there!" Chrissy says as she gets up. "You not comin?" She asks.
"Nah imma get a bit more of a tan" I reply, "your loss!" She yells as she runs up the rocks trying not to step on any glass or baby crabs. I look out on the water and the beautiful yellow-pink sunset. What is junior year gonna throw at us, I may act like it but I don't think I'm ready for what ever it is. Just then I feel this weird feeling in my stomach. Almost as if something crazy is about to happen. And 98.8 % of the time it's right. I speed to my house and run through the door.
"Perfect you're here!" My mom says
"You remember Nicholas Martin, right?" She follows up with.
"Yes?" I hesitate
"Well unfortunately the poor boy has lost his mother but fortunately I have been fighting for a good 5 weeks for him to live with us instead of foster care or wherever he could have gone."
"The same Nicholas Martin who used to put toads in my hair 8 years ago?" I asked with shock on my face.
"Exactly! 8 years ago, he's much older now and much more handsome" my mom smiles.
"Eww, so what you want me to be nice to him? Don't expect me to become friends with him, I'll probably just ignore him" I rolled my eyes.
"Lexiana Marie!" My mom scolds me.
"For that you can go make his bed!" She says as she crosses her arms
ughhh first he moves into MY hose and now I have to make his bed in the guest room!? THIS IS BULLSHIT. I stomp up the stairs and make his room until I hear the knock at the door and my moms fast footsteps to the door.
"Hello Nick!" I hear my mom say, quite loudly might I ask. At this point I'm looking down from the stairs. I meet eyes with Nick.
"Omg..." I say under my breath. I run back up the stairs and feel embarrassed. How can one person be so cute!? His icey blue eyes can make  any girl melt. I hear the door close and footsteps from his shoes. He's awfully quiet.
"LEXI!" My mom yells. I run down the stairs in nothing but my grey and black pj set,

"This is Nicholas, you remember him don't you?" My mom says as she elbows me

"Uhh yeah of course" I mumble as I look into his piercing eyes.
"Hey lexi" he says.
Something about the way he says it just makes me want to scream.