Chapter 7: Call me by my name

"Come with me, suitcase girl" he smiled and held out his hand.

There was nothing I wanted more. I took my hand in his and my belly flipped as he intertwined our fingers.

"Wait" I stopped him.

Sofie was smiling brightly next to us.

"Will you be fine?" I asked her.

"Of course" she said immediately as if I was stupid to ask "Have fun" she smirked.

Taron pulled me to him as if he was as impatient as I felt and we walked out of there.

"It's weird" I said when we reached the ground floor, my hand still in his "I don't even know where you live"

Taron smirked over to me "Does it really matter?"

I shrugged and my heart started racing. It definitely didn't matter to me as long as he was there.

He laughed when I didn't respond "I don't live far from your place actually"

I was getting more and more nervous as his car took us to his place. It wasn't even about him being rich and famous, this was something deeply personal. I hadn't been with a man in a while and I was impatient and scared shitless at the same time.

Taron didn't let go of my hand as we rode in silence. I stared at the lights passing by outside the window and tried to distract myself somehow. It didn't really help though, but we arrived at his place quickly.

We got out of the car and Taron spoke to the driver for a second, but I couldn't even pay attention to what they were talking about. He unlocked the front door and gestured for me to go in first.

I walked past him and my heart was beating out of my chest. He probably thought I was insane. He switched on the light for us and there was a steep staircase leading up to what seemed to be the first floor.

"You live here?" I asked as we walked upstairs

My mind was otherwise occupied so I was just babbling nonsense.

He chuckled "Yeah, I live upstairs"

"Sorry" I gulped "I'm being weird"

We reached the landing and I was already out of breath. That might have been 20 steps, but it hadn't been what got me out of breath.

I glanced at Taron, a man who made me feel so self-confident and happy, but I was scared of disappointing him.

He had already gotten out of his suit jacket and tie and boy he was even prettier.

"What's wrong?" he asked frowning, as if he knew something was up.

As I said, I was an open book.

"I'm scared" I let out a breath.

Talking about it already lifted a weight off my chest.

"You don't need to be" he said as he cupped my face with his right hand again.

I smiled as I closed my eyes in a long blink, enjoying his hand against my face.

"We don't have to continue this if you don't want to" his voice was quiet, soft.

I opened my eyes again "I want to, I'm just – it's –"

I sighed "I haven't felt this way for anyone in a while –" I gulped as his eyes bore through mine "if ever"