1.

I woke up to the sound of pop music playing from my phone and I soon realize that it's gaga. I roll over and out of bed and began to rub my eyes.

I slide on my house slippers and began to walk out of my bedroom and into the tiny bathroom in my small one bedroom apartment.

After I brush my teeth and hair, I walk into my kitchen and began to make food for myself.

"So you're a tough guy like it really rough guy just can't get enough guy.." I sing and dance while making my eggs.

"Hey bi- oh you're starting early huh?" My bestfriend walks in and starts laughing.

"Yeoo boyy." I say and now we're both laughing.

"So, I have good and bad news."

"Tell me in whatever order." I say while finishing up my food.

"Okay so there's a talent show and I hear that there's gonna be some big celebrity guest there as a judge and I hear that they're from here." Jayde says.

"Oh my gosh really?" i say excitedly.

"Yeah, and the winner will be able to record and release a singer with them." she said.

"What's the bad news?" I asked.

"We have to be at work the same time it starts." Jayde says looking down then back at me.

I internally groan.

"Fuckkkk meeeeee." I say because I absolutely hate missing work.

"Yeah." she sighs.

"i'll just have to call in sick or something." I say. "i'm not about to miss this even if i'm not likely to win.

•••

I called my boss and he was surprisingly okay with it.

"I hope you feel better." is all he said before hanging up.

after we got off of the phone, I went to look for an outfit in my closet.

after i found the perfect one, i went to shower, do my hair and makeup, and then dress and when i looked at the time, it was almost time to go.

"Hey, superstar." Jayde started. "are you ready, mama?"

i nod my head as i grab my bag and slide my phone into it.

"You look so beautiful and by the way, i already got you on the list of performers because i knew you wouldn't turn down such an opportunity like this when this is all you've dreamed about since you were little." She looked ate smiling.

"You know me so well." i said smiling and walking out then locking the door.

we flag down the taxi that was about to pass us then tell her where we're off to.

"So, i hear that some big time celeb is gonna be judging too." she says.

"Yeah." i said smiling.

she goes on and on about how she would've been sick to her stomach and that i was so brave doing this shit in front of a lot of people thats gonna be there.

once we get there, we pay her and head to the building and slide backstage after the bodyguard standing by the entrance checked off my name.

"I can't believe i'm taking this huge step towards my dreams, Jay." i say with my face in my hands.

i feel her arms wrap around me. "I know, baby. it's all gonna be worth it though."

"Thanks for doing this for me. Really." i say hugging her back.

"Sooo.. you should totally sing 'million reasons' by gaga since you relate to that song so much." Jayde tells me and i agree on it.

little did i know, there was a special someone in the audience waiting to hear me sing along with all the other contestants.

ahh i don't know what i was thinking coming here. this is so stupid.

No, ya know what? i've come to far to call it quits now.

Tonight will change my life.