She Is Only Evil

Chapter 15 - recap

"He's out of surgery," she said softly. I leapt up and hurried to the room the nurse directed me to. I opened the door and saw him lying there, bandaged chest wrapped tightly. Even his head was bandaged from the fall. I made it to the side of his bed before sinking to my knees and leaning my head on the mattress.

"Natsu, I love you okay? I really love you," I whisper.

"I... I love you too... Luce."

• * •

Chapter 16 - She Is Only Evil

"Na...tsu?" I say his name hesitantly, my voice tapering off.

"Luce," he replies, his voice soft.

"How are you awake already? You just got out of surgery and..." My voice trails off when I realize he has grabbed one of my hands.

"I heard... I heard you can sing....can you...for me?" He requests. I stare at him for a moment before recovering, wondering how he find out. I guessed Levy had spilled the beans and told him, either way I began to sing quietly.

"Shining bright up in the sky, you soar above me as I dream to fly.

The only dream I ever had was staying with you by your side.

But for a girl like me dreams can only ever be dreams," my eyes close as I sing.

"Reality is cold and it is dark.

You are a light, a burning flame.

I'm ice cold and I'm the one to blame.

Please save me from this darker place, save me with your soaring grace.

I only want this single dream, please keep me from my dark reality," I open my eyes and stop singing. Natsu stares at me and I blush and look away, realizing what I had just done.

"Lucy," Natsu gently calls my name.

"Lucy look at me," he demands, his demeanor still soft. I look at him through a curtain of my hair, embarrassed that I had sung to him and revealed my secret talent.

"That was you wasn't it? That girl I heard singing in the choir room?" He questioned. I slowly nod.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He croons his neck to try and see my face.

"Because I just never had the courage," I whisper and shrug my shoulders. I wasn't public with my singing skills. There was a knock at the door and the doctor stepped inside.

"Mrs. Dragneel asked me to inform you she took Wendy home. And I have some information I'd like to give you," he closed the door and stepped in.

"He might have a slight lapse in memory, otherwise he should recover fully. It will depend on him how fast that recovery is, but considering he made it this far... It should be speedy," the doctor said.

I sighed, he would be okay. Now it was time to find those two-

"Hello?" Someone peeked in.

"Lisanna?!" I squeak. There stood the cheerleader, he hands behind her back. The doctor stepped around her and out the door. I stood up from my spot on Natsu's bed.

"Why are you here?" I ask, holding back the snarl I wanted to add.

"I, I heard Natsu got shot... and I wanted to make sure he was okay," she looked at me sadly, and I felt bad for a millisecond. Then I recovered.

"Can I speak to him alone?" She looked between us. I glanced down at Natsu who looked slightly confused. I sighed and pinched my nose.

"Five minutes, you get five minutes," I finally sigh. I get up and lean over Natsu and place a light kiss on his forehead. Then I leave, keeping the door slightly cracked as I lean on the outside wall.

I heard soft voices from inside and cringed as a need to use the restroom hit me. My bladder couldn't have chosen a worse time to decide to go. I hurried to use the bathroom and then walked back to the door. I heard Natsu speaking loudly but it sounded muffled. I pushed the door open and had to keep myself from throwing all I had at Lisanna.

She was laying on top of him, her lips pressed forcefully on his own. He was trying to push her off and then she looked over at me and smiled innocently. I balled my fists and pointed at the door, ready to sock her. She leaned down and whispered something in his ear before crawling off him and began to sashay past me. As she came vertical to me I pulled my fist back and slammed it into her jaw.

She yelped and held her jaw as she stumbled back. "Stay away from my boyfriend! And don't think I won't make it worse next time," I stood there fuming, watching as she scurried down the hall. I couldn't understand how a girl who used to be so sweet could be so venemous.

I turned back to Natsu who was smirking. "What's to smirk at Mr. Egotistic?" I place my hands on my hips.

"You, that's what," he sits up. I turn my head away and bite my lip to hide the blush. I could clearly see his defined torso, and with all the bandages he looked attractive. Something about being wounded raised his cuteness by at least fifty percent.

"Come here Mrs. Dragneel," he called from the bed. I turned slightly. Then I walked over to the bed.

"Sit," he said with finality, pointing to his lap. I climbed on the bed and sat in front of him. He reached forward and pulled me, despite the recent wound in his side. Now I was siting facing him on his lap. He kissed me slowly, and pulled away.

"You are adorable Lucy," he teased me and poked my blushing cheeks. I only grew redder making him laugh. His laugh made my heart race in my chest. We sat there for a few hours, but eventually a nurse said he had to sleep. Mrs. Dragneel had been there the last hour visiting and took me with her. Now we had to live in the Dragneel family mansion, until we got a new apartment. If we got a new apartment...

In the dark of the house I made my way to Natsu's old room and pulled one of his older hoodies from the closet. It fit me perfectly, so I crawled into his bed and fell asleep, letting his comforting scent make me feel close to him.

• * •

Chapter 17 - Investigation! - preview

"So, we have a few hits on the descriptions. We need you to tell us which guys are the culprits and we will handle it from there," an officer told me as I was led into the station.

"Let's do this," I breathe as he opens the door. I looked through the glass at the men. This was going to be easy.

• * •

Hello my lovely readers! ^^ this is my first note on this book... anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING (to those who celebrate it) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and every one before it!

I also want to say thank you thank you thank you for over 1k reads! Thats amazing guys, thank you!!!! And so many of you comment and seeing them always makes me smile (and sometimes fangirl. Yes... I am that weird..) so I just want you to know how much I appreciate each and every one of you! <3

Thank you so much for being fabulas!

Bieeeee~

-ՅʉƞƞץǤɪяł