Chapter 9 ~ Training Begins

Layra's POV

~~~~~

Before I entered the kitchen, I turned off the choker. One of the main rules of this house, because of Luke being a hero and he might get targeted, is other than the tracking chips our parents gave us we don't have any tracking technology in the house for our safety. We got to the kitchen where Luke had set out a plate filled with sandwiches. I had a few sandwiches then I went back to my room to unpack my stuff. I was almost finished when I heard my phone buzz. I looked at it.

1 New Message.

I looked at the message.

??? ~ Hey Layra. It's your old Elementary School friend.

I looked at it trying to remember who it might be but no one came to mind.

Layra ~ Who is this?

??? ~ It's Taku. Don't you remember me?

Layra ~ Oh, I remember. It's been a long time Taku. How did you get my number?

Taku ~ One of my friends from U.A. gave it to me when she found out that I knew you.

Layra ~ And who is this friend?

Taku ~ Oh, Her name is Tsuyu Asui. I know her from middle school.

Layra ~ Oh, I'm Ok with that then. Well I have to go. I need to finish what I was doing. TTYL.

Taku ~ Ok TTYL.

Before I put my phone down I decided to put Taku in my contact list so I would know when he calls me or texts me. I finished unpacking, hanging my last piece of clothing in my closet. After closing the closet door I walked over to where I left my drawing notebook and I stared at my last sketch. It was a girl with long hair and strapless dress. She kinda looked like me. I stood there for a second. "I might as well start my training." I mumbled to myself. I walked out of my room into the living room then out into the yard. I walked around to the back of the house into the forest. I wondered about the forest until I came across a large lake.

I turned to a tree. This tree had marks on it that looked like it was punched and kicked multiple times. I softly moved my fingers down the side of the tree. It was so smooth like it has been through years and years of wair. I backed away from the tree far enough so I could start my training. I trained for what felt like two hours. I started to walk back to the house when I heard rustling in the bushes nearby. I stopped and turned in the direction of the rustling. For a second I thought I saw a man with a patched up face with black hair and those piercing blue eyes like the man in my dream. I shook my head, 'No, It was just a nightmare. He isn't real.' I thought to myself. I opened my eyes, He was gone.

I paused for a second. The air felt very unsteady. Like there was a dark force nearby. I don't know why but my heart just started pumping adrenaline. I ran back to the house as fast as I could. I was able to see the house nearby when I tripped on a tree root. I felt a sharp pain in my ankle when I tripped. I started losing consciousness when I saw someone who was covered in purple mist, lean over to look at me. It was just before I blacked out when I heard someone say, "Hurry up, Kurogiri."

Shoto's POV

~~~~~~

I was in the living room watching the news. It had been a quiet afternoon. I wanted to relax before I had to train tomorrow. I was sitting quietly when I heard a knock on the door. 'It must be Layra coming back from her training.' I thought to myself. I got up to let her in when something dawned on me. 'She lives here, shouldn't she be able to get in on her own? Something is not right.' I opened the door slowly. There was no one there. Suddenly, Luna came running out from the other room. She ran past me quickly. I looked down when she stopped. Layra was sitting there unconscious. I quickly picked her up and carried her to her room. Luna got Luke for me while I was tending to Layra. Immediately I noticed her ankle was starting to bruise. I quickly got her inside and got her an ice pack. "Gaaa, What happened?" Layra had woken up and had her hand on her forehead. "I don't know, What do you remember?" I said. "Piercing blue eyes, back hair, and a purple patched up face. I also remember seeing a Purple mist like thing and I heard someone say something like Kurogiri?" She said looking at me. My eyes widened.

Layra's POV

~~~~~~

"We need to find your brother, Now!" He said. "He should be in the wolf room working with the wolves, Why." I asked. "Who you just encountered was the Villains Kurogiri and Dabi. My eyes widened in fear. "I-I was attacked by villains." I tried to get up but my ankle kept me from doing so. "Hey, you need to rest. Luke and I can take care of this. Don't worry. I am the son of the Number 1 hero after all. Even if I do hate my dad, He did give his time to teach me so I can surpass him." Shoto smiled reassuringly at me. Shoto helped me up, I asked him to bring me to the closet next to the kitchen and he carried me over and opened the door. Inside a medical supplies and a pair of crutches. I pointed at the crutches and Shoto placed me on the ground and grabbed the crutches. I grabbed them from him and nodded.

We quickly worked our way to where Luke was. Shoto swung the door open. "Hey guys, What's up?" Luke asked. "Luke did you ever get the security cameras up and running?" I asked. His eyes widened and he pulled out his phone. He looked up at the TV that was hanging in the room. On the TV was footage from the last 30 minutes. "There, stop there." I said. Luke stopped the video and I looked at Shoto. His eyes were wide. "You recognize them too. Don't you Shoto." Luke said. Shoto nodded. "It is Dabi and Kurogiri. Which means the LoV knows where we are." Shoto said. "Lov?" I asked. "It is the League of Villains, They have been a big problem recently for us UA students. You probably saw stuff on the news about the USJ Attack and The most recent one The training camp attack and Bakugo's kidnapping." Shoto explained.

I remember seeing these events on the news but I didn't think much of it until now. "Do you remember what was going on when you were attacked?" Luke asked. I nodded, "I was coming back from training when I heard leave russling near me. I took a second to find a scent. The scent seemed familiar, it was kinda like Shoto's scent but it had more hatred in it. Then I saw the man and I started running. I tripped over a root and I fell. Before I blacked out I heard someone say Kurogiri. Next thing I know I was back here." I said. "I heard a knock on the door, I opened it and Layra was there unconscious." Shoto added.

Shoto's POV

~~~~~~~

After a few minutes Luke came to a decision. "We can use the wolf pack in the area to tighten security." "Does that mean I get to see-" Layra started. "Sadly, No. For your own safety you won't get to see the alpha today." Luke cut her off. Layra looked a tad bit disappointed. Luke sighed and walked over to a bag that was sitting next to the wall. He rummaged through the bag until he pulled out 2 items. One was a paper and the other was a robin egg blue dog collar. Layra's eyes lit up upon seeing them. Snow walked up to her. Luke opened his hand out to Layra. "She is yours now. Just like I promised. Put the collar on her, You earned it." Layra tried to kneel down but couldn't. I smiled and helped her. She blushed in embarrassment. "Now that that's taken care of. I need to have a word with Todoroki here." Luke said. Layra nodded and walked out.

I looked at Luke. "What did you need to talk about?" I asked. Luke sighed. "You are a strong person with a good hold of your quirk. I need you to protect my little sister at all times. She might be in danger with the quirk she has. I won't be here all the time during your guy's stay. I am a hero after all." Luke said with a nervous smile. I nodded, "I understand." Luke nodded and let me leave. It was getting late, I headed to the room where I would be staying. It was a nice room with a Queen size bed and a TV. I sighed and got my PJs on. I watched some TV for an hour or two before I tried to fall asleep. I heard my door open and I sat up to see who opened it. In the doorway was Layra standing there holding a pillow. "Can I sleep with you, I don't want to be alone after what happened today." She said squeezing the pillow. "I mean, If you don't want me to I won't." I sighed and patted the space next to me. She smiled and walked over and layed down. "Thank you, Sho." She said, "No problem, Layra." I hugged her to my chest. She smiled.

Layra fell asleep almost instantly. I layed there silently. I thought about what we saw on the security footage. Why would Dabi care about Layra unless they know each other, or maybe the League is planning something. I was in such deep thought that I didn't even notice that I had fallen asleep.