Behind backs

A/N hey! So I know I make some typos sometime and the one in the last chapter if you noticed it, really wasn't intended, but I didn't want to have to edit and re-publish for the sake of one letter when it obviously isn't supposed to be that word, so here is your chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's POV

I walk back to meet up with matt after I get the ham and see him talking to someone in the aisle.

I take a step back and listen in before he notices.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hear matt say angrily since I didn't catch the rest of his rant.

"I don't know ok! I liked her for a while and I wasn't thinking, it was just a moment where I thought it'd be ok and I messed up! I apologize ok!" I hear Nash's voice from the aisle in a defensive tone.

I can't believe matt would go behind my back like this, I told him nothing was going on, I love him and only him, Nash is nothing but a friend.

Why won't he get that?

I casually walk into the aisle as if I heard nothing.

"I got the ham! Oh, hey Nash!" I say as I walk up to them and pretend to notice Nash for the first time.

"Oh, hey Ri!" Nash replies cheerily, but I can tell he's hurting.

"I was just picking up breakfast and heading back to the hotel." he says.

"Oh, ok, see you later for rehearsals." matt says and I just wave.

When Nash has left the aisle and is completely out of earshot I grab matts arm and spin him around to face me.

"Holy crap, what is wrong with you?!" I whisper hell at him.

"Excuse me?" He says with fake confusion.

"Don't play dumb espinosa, I heard the tail end of your little conversation, why would you do that? Do you completely not trust me when I say nothing is happening?!" I say, starting to get angrier.

"Well why do you have the right to be mad at me? Why are you always defending the other guys?!! Hm? He freaking kissed you and you want me to act like it's all ok? I'm sick of this Riley! I feel like I don't even know you anymore!" He replies angrily.

I feel defeated. I never knew he felt that way about how I was acting about the whole thing. Maybe I just didn't realize how I was acting at all.

"I guess you're right, I'm sorry, I didn't realize..." I say and he cuts me off.

"Oh save it Riley, I know you enough to know that you are going to play this all off and then secretly hate me for whatever this argument is, so just stop it!" He half shouts.

My eyes grow wide as I feel tears welling up and my face gets hot.

"So... what are you saying?" I sniff.

"I don't know Riley, you tell me!" He shouts again.

"You went behind my back..." I say quietly.

"God Riley! If this is the girl I supposedly fell in love with then I'm done with her. I'm done with this!" He shouts throwing his hands in the air.

I gasp quietly and put my hand over my mouth as hot tears roll down my cheeks.

Of all places he breaks up with me, after everything we've gone through, he breaks up with me in the bread aisle of Walmart.

"Are you serious?" I squeak out in between sobs.

"Yes." he says sternly and and grabs the food from my hands and storms away to the checkout.

He walks away and doesn't take a look back, and I just stand there wiping away my tears in Walmart.

I run outside in the opposite direction matt went and get a cab to the hotel.

I pay the driver when we get there and run inside.

When I get to the right floor I run to my room and reach for my card key, but just as I'm about to open the door I can hear the girls and a few of the guys laughing inside.

I decide not to ruin their fun and go to one of the other boys rooms.

Cameron doesn't answer when I knock and neither does Brent or any of the other boys rooms.

The last room I try is Nash's.

I knock softly and try to wipe my tears quickly.

I hear a click of a lock and the door opens with Nash standing there.

"Uh, hey Ri, you ok?" He asks sympathetically.

I simply shake my head to say 'no' as I bite my lip.

He hugs me and let's me inside.

(A/N hey guys! 11.6k reads, ahhh!!! So comment what you think of this chapter, it took me a while to write so I hope you like it!!! Keep on commenting, voting, and reading! ~Julia <3 )