Chapter Twenty-Two: Part Five

Once I hopped into my room, I quickly slammed the door shut. I stood angularly against the door, still panting from tromping up the stairs and through the hallways and the strange sensation that made my cheeks seem to burn.

I flopped onto my bed and allowed my hair to cover my face.

My first kiss. I had my first kiss.

I still felt it stinging my lips. Why was such a thing so incredibly hard to forget?

Kissing is gross. I tried my hardest to etch this thought into my mind. I should classify it as an assault or an attack!

I sat back up in my bed.

Kissing was for two people who liked each other. It was a display of affection. It was meant for people in love.

So why on Earth would Keita assault me?! I hadn’t expected that at all!

Could he possibly think of my in that way?

That wasn’t possible, was it? It was the poor girl that he dragged into the mansion. He was this ultra wealthy guy! He had so many choices in girls.

There were so many other girls prettier than me!

Besides, I didn’t even know if I even thought of him in that way!

It would have been an easy question to answer before he kissed me. I would have answered with, “No! that’s disgusting! I would never like Keita!”

Now I wasn’t so sure. Was it because I liked him kissing me?

Wasn’t it because I’ve never thought of liking him before now? It was probably because I never thought that he’d like me in that way before.

Now that that was a possibility, I don’t have any idea what to answer that question with.

Maybe he just accidentally leaned forward and our lips ended up meeting. Maybe it wasn’t a kiss after all.

But what if it was?

“Hey, are you awake?” a voice sounded from the other side of my bedroom door.

“Y-Yes, come in.”

The door creaked as it opened. Kasumi squeezed herself into the room and shut the door as slowly as she could without making any loud noise.

“Well, you should be sleeping. It’s late, you know. It could ruin your sleeping routine.” Once Kasumi laid eyes on me, her eyes widened. “Okay, tell me everything that happened.”

“What?”

“Tell me! Tell me what happened!”

“W-What are you talking about?”

“Your face is telling me that something happened that possibly involves a boy.”

I covered my face with my hands. What about my face would say such a thing?!

“N-No, no that’s not it!”

“Yes it is!”

“No, it’s not!”

Kasumi gave me a smirk. “Which boy?”

Didn’t Kasumi like Keita? Didn’t she hate me in the first place because she thought I was one of the girls that would swoon over him? There was no way I would tell her that I kissed him!

“W-Well—“

She interrupted me before I could say anything more.

“Was it that Mashiro boy?”