Chapter 2: Surprise!

After that "incident" with Mr. Steel Pipe, halos liparin ko na yung parking lot ng campus makaalis lang sa lugar na alam kong parehas kaming nakatapak ni Boy Bakal. I hurriedly went inside "my" car and dialed the number of the person behind these series of unfortunate events. Luckily, he picked up the phone in the first ring.

"So...", the person on the other line greeted me. I can already imagine him smiling from ear to ear.

"JOHARA KRISTOFFER ENCISO!!! HOW DARE YOU GREET ME IN THAT TONE WHILE HERE I AM SUFFERING FROM HUMILIATION!!! WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT?!?!?! I WILL KILL YOU!!! I PROMISE, I WILL KILL YOU!!!" I am a warrior princess in my past life and I kill my enemies with my nagging. In my dreams.

"Whoa! Stop right there thank you very much. Ano bang nangyari at high blood ka na agad hindi pa natatapos ang araw?", tanong ng napakagaling kong kaibigan.

"Playing innocent now, are we? Para saan pa ang gps, hidden camera at mic sa eyeglasses ko kung hindi mo o niyo din maririnig at makikita ang ginagawa ko dito sa campus, aber?", I asked.

"Oh... That... I forgot to inform you that the spy cam's not functioning during your first subject. But don't worry, the tech team, led by yours truly fixed it and now I can see that you're... Inside your car and... WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT INSIDE THE CAMPUS GEORGINA JANE OCHOA?!?!?! YOU STILL HAVE ONE CLASS LEFT!!!", he asked in disbelief.

Kristoff and I have this habit of calling our full real name when we are mad at each other. And now we are both mad, I suppose.

"First of all JOHARA KRISTOFFER ENCISO, I would like to inform you na kung hindi dahil sa ELIZABETH TAYLOR SWIFT na pangalang ibininyag niyo sa akin eh hindi sana magiging ganito! Alam mo bang pinagtawanan ako ng buong klase dahil sa pangalang yun?!?!"

"So?", he asked. Like it was not a big deal.

"Anong so?!?!? You know my reputation in our organization! And... And you know it's my first time to step foot in a campus and meet college students, tapos pagtatawanan lang ako dahil sa pangalan ko?!?!?!" I was already shouting. Good luck sa eardrums mo Kristoff! Haha!

"Let me explain to you why you should be thankful... You will not be taken seriously by your block mates, they won't see you as a threat. Which will help you do your mission easily", he said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes, I get your point though I know the main reason why you gave me that name is to make fun of me. Nakaisip ka lang ng magandang rason ngayon. Hmph!"

"Haha! You really know me too well Janey. So tell me, what really happened during your first subject. Nararamdaman ko na may mas exciting na naganap kanina kaya ganyan ka. So spill."

Kristoff and I have been friends since we were babies and we treat each other like siblings. He knows my secrets and I know his. We're like each other's walking diary to put it simply. And I'm dying to tell him the story about that jerk so here goes...

"Okay... So there's this guy..."

"Ooohhhh... Interesting.", he said in his most excited tone.

"You haven't heard the story and you find it interesting already? Hay naku Kristoff!"

"Ano ka ba Jane, as long as there's a guy involved, I'm pretty sure it's interesting! Please continue".

I took a deep breath before I tell him The Legend of Mr. Steel Pipe...

"As I was saying, I accidentally bumped into this guy. TWICE. Not once, but twice. First incident was when I was looking for a vacant seat, the next one was when I was walking towards the door to go out of the classroom. And guess what?", I asked him.