XI

"Who were you talking to?" Henry asked me with a little malice in his voice. I ignored his tone and answered,

"Boss. He called me and let me know that he was looking deeper into Terry Lancer." I said. His features softened and he gave me a grin.

"Alright. Now can I give you a kiss?" He said in a low tone. I gave him a small grin and grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him,

"Yes, you can," I said he grabbed my shoulders and slowly pushed me down on the bed. It wasn't long before his lips were pressed against mine. I moaned softly as our kiss deepened I began pulling on his hair trying to get his face closer to mine. He trailed his lips down my jaw to my neck. I moaned as he gave me a hickey.

"Henry I just took a shower you can't be doing all this to me. We have to go to your parents' house by 6:30 so we can't be doing all this before we meet before I meet your parents. That would be so awkward I don't want to deal with that. " I said it with sarcasm he gave me a look and rolled his eyes.

"Baby you're killing me. Can't I give your body attention? We both need it. My parents can wait a few more hours I'm sure. They won't mind." He insisted with a hopeful voice I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from kissing me. I gave him a stern look I was not going to let him alter my decisions. He sighed and rolled off of me giving my ass cheek a squeeze before he got up and put his watch on.

" No. My body does not need attention. Can we get packed so we can go?" I said as I stood up and fixed my shirt, I knew I was lying about what I said about my body doesn't need attention. It does but I'm not going to tell him that cuz he'll get all over me and I don't think I can go that far yet. Especially with him.

"Oh if my parents ask you how we met. just tell him something close to the truth, we don't want to tell him that we met in a crossfire between two gangs in downtown New York. that would be awkward." A little offended I rolled my eyes. I understand what he's saying because his parents don't know that like he's a Hitman but like why are you telling me to tell the truth?

"What's that supposed to mean?" I am slightly offended. he gave me a look that made me know that he was already a little annoyed, based on his face you probably thought I was overreacting but I was genuinely offended.

"That's not what I mean it's just like complicated cuz my parents don't know that I don't that I kill people for a living you know I told him that I was a secretary at a law firm, not a hitman. So I want to get the story straight before we blabber it out with different answers. I don't want them to be suspicious because they're already a little bit." He explained. I just know what he means but I don't know maybe I was in my feelings show I said this,

"Okay. I'll make sure to not tell him a lie." I started with an attitude.

"I'm sorry baby. Okay? I didn't mean it like that." He said looking at me sincerely. I just rolled my eyes. Something in his eyes clicked. He was angry, definitely mad. I quickly shut my mouth and looked away. He roughly grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him,

"I said I was sorry... Don't get mad at me over some petty bullshit, it's not that big of a deal. If you keep that attitude at my parents' house I will have to fix it myself. Understand?" He said harshly his eyes were boring into mine waiting for my response.

"I understand," I whispered quietly. He loosened his grip on my jaw.

"Good," he said pecking my lips. Then he turned around to gather his things. I looked at him a little shocked, I also didn't expect to be a little turned on.

***

I drove about 2 and a half hours before Henry took the wheel for the rest of the way. The sun was almost setting when we reached his childhood home, the home from the outside looked warm and inviting. The front yard was beautiful. The walkway to the front door was lined with colorful flowers, an American flag hanging in the post on the porch. It reminded me of the homes on the front pages of a living well magazine, Henry turned off the car and paused.