the drive to dinner

My mom sat down in front of me and did the unthinkable...she gave me a bear hug with tears running down her face and said in-between tears, " have...a gre... great... night sweetie." She then wiped away the tears and told me that dad would be happy for me.

Knock knock

My mom then opened the door and she lead Dashie and her parents to the living room were I was waiting to greet them all.
As they walked in I got a hug from Dashie's mom, a kiss on the hand from her dad and a hug and from Dashie,
" Tonight is the night that I Tell her my feelings." I thought determined. After a few minutes of talking and laughing we all waved as my mom then left to go to her job at the hospital (she had to work double shifts after dad passed) after mom left Dashie started looking around nervously until she whisper to me,
" Hey... Can we uh get going?"

I the nodded and said to her dad " we should probably get going before it gets too late." I saw him smile and look at his watch then nod.as we all left and piled in to their car I got into the back with Dashie while her parents talking to we had awkward small talk about the weather and stuff.
At one point I decided to take a nap before we got to the restaurant... Before I knew it I was out cold.

Rainbow Dash's POV

I was looking out the window thinking, tonight is the night I tell flutters my feelings. But I was suddenly interrupted from my thoughts to see Fluttershy's head on my shoulder while holding her bag. My parents were looking out the window talking so I decided to give her a kiss on her forehead and tell her, "why are you so cute?"
I

then smile and look up to see my mom staring at me while dad was looking at me with a smirk through the mirror and then he said, " you better tell her before it's too late."
" I will... Tonight." I then nuzzled up with flutters and napped for the rest of the ride.

Will Rainbow have it in her to tell her best friend she loves her or will her parents have to nudge then out of their comfort zones... Seriously though will they? I'll go take to the big guy see you soon. 👋