Earth

"Well, something has to be done about Earth." Brigdon sneers, saying the planet with disgust. He remembers when he was just a lad there, being guided by morals. Well, doing the 'right thing' just held him back from discovering his true potential. 

"And we agree, but there are lifeforms existing atop that rock, and we're not murderers." Kellerine explains.

"Why do you both give this Urth so much attention? You act like it's the only planet out here." Scarlet snaps, wringing her hands. Brigdon's eyes widen, and he shakes the room with his anger.

"Brigdon, please. Maybe if we looked at the species of Earth, again, we could decide if they're worth saving?" Kellerine suggests, sliding the glass notes into the center of the table. The notes float into the air, and the pictures enlarge.

"I'm from the planet, and i say it's not worth saving." Brigdon mutters.

"There's the human, divided into both a female and male? Everything that consumes air seems to be organized in this manner. Brigdon, i too was from this planet. My way of life originates from there as well as family. I won't give up on it thus far." Tyrone says, from a seat, closest to the door. 

"I don't understand the importance for such a species. They're both human, but they mate?" Brigdon points.

"They mate to reproduce." Tyrone explains, shaking his head. Why argue a point that was so clearly true about almost everyone on the council as well? Most of the members had more than one gender in their species so to act like Brigdon didn't understand the concept from the very planet he came from was a bit confusing.

"But why wouldn't their cells separate to create more? It works for the bacteria, but the humans exterminate bacteria because disease kills." Brigdon points.

"The humans believe that they evolved from apes. And they believe in the survival of the fittest yet even though they're aware of the bacteria everywhere they don't consider it's win." Kellerine points.

"It's not the survival of the fittest, it's control or be controlled. Dominating is their defense. I'm for keeping it. Earth's a nice distraction and it has potential. I say we observe a bit longer and see what emerges in their development. Besides Fae might take over for all we know." Tyrone knew that Fae wouldn't actually try to take over the planet but at this point he'd promote the planet with any point to be made.

"Alright. All agreed." Scarlet decides. "Earth will continue existing."

"So we're not going to vote on this?" Brigdon snaps, standing up and striking his scepter hard against the floor, shaking the room.

"We weren't going to vote, Brigdon, we were having a discussion." The Centrist corrects.

"Scarlet said 'all agreed' but i didn't agree with anything!" he shouts, thinking that if he became louder people would listen differently. Scarlet stands as well, holding her hands up to try and calm the room. Or she was trying to calm Brigdon..

"I'm the head of this council, and i overruled the normal voting routine. Because i want to see if Earth develops more or not. If the planet doesn't then we'll have a proper vote." she compromises.

"Okay. How long do i have to wait for this proper vote?" Brigdon asks, with his inside-voice. Scarlet looks to Tyrone for that answer. He touches his chin, thinking.

"We should wait 250 years or Sestercentennial years." he says, proudly using the scientific term.

"So two and a half birthdays of waiting for me. Hmm, sounds fair. We'll have a proper vote then. I'll agree to that. Let us lock this agreement. " he presses a button on the underside of their table and a glass fixation appears overriding the glass notes for such an unworthy planet. It was a keyhole sort of vision where their four scepters would each slide into one of the keyholes shown. And the scepters would have to touch each other as close as possible for it to lock the recording of whatever they just said. He puts his scepter forward into the keyhole closest to him and the others follow example until the red light flashing above it flashes green instead. Scarlet clears her throat and repeats her claim.

"Now we're all agreed. System shut down for now." she says, sliding the glass notes back down to rest against the table and watches them disappear one by one.