Chapter Six

~Dana POV~

"Dad I'm home" I sang aloud dropping my keys on the living room table in the process.

My father's head popped out of the kitchen. His red vibrant hair was slightly turning silver on some parts. His green eyes showed pure exhaustion but his smile could fool you into thinking he was the most happiest man alive.

"Hey Ariel" He greeted

"I told you to stop calling me that" He knew I didn't like him calling me that. Such a tease.

Instead of apologizing all he did was smile.

"I know but you can call Peter Pan of it makes you feel better" he said while kissing my forehead.

"You're making me feel like a child father"

"And you're making me feel like an old man, child" He mimicked my tone. I rolled my eyes.

"I honestly don't know who's the child in this relationship" I said crossing my arms.

"I'm pretty sure you are. So how was school today?"

"Fine I guess, I only went to two blocks"

"Speaking of that did you already pack? We'll be heading to the airport in 10 minutes" He checked his watch.

"Yeah, I also tried convincing your second daughter to come along but she said no" I pouted "I guess I'm stuck with you for two weeks" I shook my head.

"Elizabeth said no? I thought she would be ecstatic to come along. What was the reason? Homesick, school. What?"

I wanted to tell him that Elizabeth didn't want to join us because of her new boyfriend she acquired. Though she and my dad are quite close, I don't want to tell him about her love life. Probably she's planning on telling him later I don't want to spoil the news, so I just played it off.

"None of the above. She just didn't want to come." I lied

"There has to be a reason, let me guess was it boys?"

My ears shot opened at his new suggestion.

"From your silence I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head."

"What makes you think that?"

"Come on I was a teenager once. Anyway I wish her luck on her new relationship. Now let's get going it's going to be a long ride."

Some minutes later we were on the plane. Where I learned that my dad already knew about Elizabeth and Jake's new relationship. I asked him why he hadn't told me that he already knew. His reply was 'I wanted to see how far you'll go to cover for your friend', that sneaky old man. Turns out he had called Elizabeth last night to invite her on the trip, but she explained her reason she couldn't come. The least she could have done was told me that my father knew before me.

Honestly I am so happy that she is getting back into a relationship. Though I am quite upset she she's not coming to turn heads in Spain with me, I'll just do it myself. I hope that thing they call Jake treat my baby girl right 'cause I wont hesitate to slap him into another dimension.

~Jake POV~

"Jake,where are we going?"

"You've been asking that ever since we pulled out you drive way." I shook my head, at least I learned one character trait from her from the past 10 minutes we've been in the car. She's very impatient.

"Well excuse me for trying to be aware of my surroundings" She crossed her arms.

"Well we're still on your neighborhood street" I gestured at our surroundings. "I'm pretty sure you're used to this setting."